Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Volumizers?

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
Only one volumizer does anything on an angel. The one on the right (if you're looking at the marker from the front) is where the battery is, and thusly can't increase air flow. The one on the left gives you a higher volume of air (thus the name, VOLUMizer) and (supposedly) more consistency.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Rollocks! Volumizers do nothing on Angels except look pretty and even thats subjective!
Theres been no proof whatsoever that they do any of the above claims!

Paul.

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
Aaaaarrrrrggghh, not this again! :(
Paul's correct, volumizers do sweet f.a. other than making Angels look even cooler as far as many owners are concerned. OK, they save a tech a second or two in getting into the LPR, etc 'cause you don't have to use an allen key to remove it, but that's it.
Don't believe me? Go ask John Rice, he's only the guy who designed the Angel so he might just know a tiny little bit about them.
The volumizer apparently appeared because somebody saw one of the early Angel prototypes fitted with an external LPR adjuster, which just happened to be a short cylinder running parallel to the barrel - in other words, just like a volumizer. This 'somebody' didn't know what the adjuster was and came up with their best guess.
The volumizer is just a cosmetic gimmick and the only performance benefit it provides is to the manufacturers/vendors profits.
If you want better consistency from an Angel, simply make sure it's tuned correctly, use good paint with a matching barrel and don't drink too much the night before.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Volumizers do like nice and Bling Bling on the front of an Angel, but are about as much good as Tit's on a bull.

Talking to Jon at LPS (who does things to me Fly - the marker not "In" my flies), it is interesting to note that the theory is fine, it's just that the Volumizer would have to be at least 14 ft long to have any benefit! Try getting tight with that. Handy only for Pole Vaulting the Rocket on the 50.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
ok now we have established that volumisers on an angel do nothing except look bling....what do cocker volumisers do? as they surely add quite a bit of volume to the air chamber here?
my guess is they would be quite handy things to have on a minicocker?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by jahlad
ok now we have established that volumisers on an angel do nothing except look bling....what do cocker volumisers do? as they surely add quite a bit of volume to the air chamber here?
my guess is they would be quite handy things to have on a minicocker?
Yip they add to the air chamber, the mighty max from AKA is especially good!

Paul.
:)