Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Welsh Open Results

Phil Warr

Sep 28, 2001
Worcester
www.sadworld.co.uk
For all you guy's who weren't there, here are the results from the first Welsh Open (5-man), held at Marchbrook Leisure, Wrexham.

Divison A
Killer Clowns (573)
Banzai (565)
Kelly's Heroes II (545)
Banzai II (471)
JCS Imperial (315)
K2 (196)
Detritus (133)
JCS Inferno (102)

Division B
Kelly's Heroes (666)
Tremmor (500)
Tribe (473)
Don't Panic (379)
Legion (320)
Shaft (229)
Crimson Pirates (124)
Red Heat (111)

Division C
NoXcuse (603)
UK Chameleons (591)
Nitro (514)
Chameleons II (393)
Charlie Don't Surf (247)
UK Raiders (196)
Tremmor S/C (185)
Showime (144)

Division D
Sabre (622)
Smart as a Carrot (474)
Psycho Pimps (472)
Hannibals Heroes (387)
Dye Hard (377)
Can't Shoot Won't Shoot (309)
Reaper (162)
Warlords (55)

Division E
Swat (543)
Katz (430)
Maxem (420)
Quest (405)
Full On (316)
Cameronians (268)
The Vipers (242)
Dye Hard II (220)

In the quater finals Swat beat Killer Clowns, Kelly's II beat Kelly's, Banzai beat NoXcuse, and Chameleons beat Sabre.
For the semi's Banzai beat Swat and
Kelly's II beat UK Chameleons
In the final Kelly's II won a hard game against Banzai to crown Kelly's Heroes II the first Welsh Open (5-man) Champions 2002.

The Most sporting Team award went to Detritus.
Marshal of the day was Yatesy from SAD Too.
Player of the Tournament went to (right I need you help here guy's, in all the mayhem during packing up the site, I have lost the sheet with the name) the young lady playing for Smart as a Carrot. (Please could someone let me know her name).

A big thank you has to go to all the teams who made this such a wonderful event to organise.
An even bigger thank you goes out to the guy's from SAD/SAD Too, and the Psycho Pimps for getting the site up on Saturday and bringing it down after the event. On Saturday morning we had an empty cricket pitch and on Sunday night we once again had an empty cricket pitch apart from a few thousand paintballs. Fantastic job guy's.
The marshal's, I'm sure you'll all agree, were exceptional. They worked there sock's off to make this the success it was. Well done guy's, you done a fantastic job. We even finished the event half hour ahead of schedual and considering each field played 35 games plus the finals this was a feat in itself.
Thank you to Nicky and Sylvia for keeping track of the scores and for the airport style anouncements calling teams out for each round. Top job.
To Jono for the newsletter, good as ever.
Also to the owner of the cricket pitch, thanks for letting us use proberly the best paintball playing surface ever and I'm amazed your letting us back for more. Thank you.
Finally, thanks to the sponsors of the event and series, all your support is greatly appreciated. Diablo, WDP, Planet, Just Paintball, JSM Engravers, Paintball Jungle, Warped Sports, PGI, Elan Marquets, Rekka Barrels,Patrina (diablo Maidenhead site), Phoenix Paintball.

The next MM event is on the 28th April at Paintball Jungle, Nottingham. For more info email us at midlandsmasters@aol.com.

Midlands Masters run by Players for Players.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Are we gonna see a report on p8ntballer?

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
Anyone sending one in to Mr Big?

K2, my boys - what happened?!?

peace
Would of been nice to have someone from PGI there to report it, 40 teams, 4 sup'air fields, The best playing surface period, proper facilities, superbly organised, etc etc
I think this tournament would've been a shining example of what the UK has to offer or at least hopefully things to come.
Everyone on the UK paintballing scene would like to see the UK up there along with the best US teams, how can this be done? well more sup air tournies would be a damn good start, and promotion of such tournies in a publication such as yours, would encourage more tournaments of this calibre and also encourage more companies to invest in the UK tournament scene, more companies investing, bigger/better tournies, surely a good thing for the UK.
Please don't see this post as (yet) another 'I wanna see my face in PGI' cos its really not meant that way, I'd just love to see more tournie like this one.
What do you guys think?

Paul.

Paul, when u read PGI

and specifically the tourney reports, do you notice that 98% are written by people who took part in tha tourney?

PGI 'sends' reporters to about 8 events a year worldwide - World Cup, Mardi Cras, IAO, Mayhem, ampaign, Toulouse and a coupla others...the rest, including NPPL and Millennium events and big games that attract thousands of players, are covered by players - or the event organisers arrange for someone to be there and supply the mags with words an' pictures.

peace

Phil Warr

Sep 28, 2001
Worcester
www.sadworld.co.uk

Firstly I have to say that PGI have always supported everything we have done. It would not be possible for them to send someone to every UK event and so it is down to those of us who organise the event to have a report written and sent to PGI.
Paul, thanks for your comments and you are right in saying we do need exposure for events like this.
A report is being done for the Welsh Open with photo's and PGI have already told us that we can have Midlands Masters reports in the mag.
It would nice to have it on P8ntballer.com as well if it's possible?
PGI keep up the good work.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Paul, when u read PGI

Originally posted by TJ Lambini
and specifically the tourney reports, do you notice that 98% are written by people who took part in tha tourney?

PGI 'sends' reporters to about 8 events a year worldwide - World Cup, Mardi Cras, IAO, Mayhem, ampaign, Toulouse and a coupla others...the rest, including NPPL and Millennium events and big games that attract thousands of players, are covered by players - or the event organisers arrange for someone to be there and supply the mags with words an' pictures.

peace
Nope I hadn't actually noticed that, but I'm sure you're right. I'd love to do a report myself but my memory is far too crap for that, plus as I was playing I didn't really get to watch many games and finally I don't think I could do the tournament justice!
As I said please don't view my initial post as an attack of any description as that wasn't the context it was intended.

Paul.
:D

PHIL (KELLY'S)

Feb 7, 2002
Visit site
web-site

Hey guys, when is your new website gonna be up and running, a report with pics would go down well on there, certainly give you a good number of hits, looking forward to the next leg.

No worries Paul

Just worth bearing in mind next time you're at an event, given that any an' all reports that come in WILL go up on p8ntballer, and some of tha bigger ones will go in PGI too.

Phil, Mr Big will put the report on tha site - just drop him a mail.

peace