The Home Of European Paintball

wen will girlies get respect?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

Dec 13, 2005
Romford, Essex
Visit site
guys and girls.....i have a question for the male players out their and female opinions too...it seems 2 me that as long as paintball has been established there have been some amazing male and female players out there but why is it that in this sport girls do not get the respect that we deserve....fair enough this is a male dominated sport it always has been and always will be but there are plenty of girls out there capable of exactly the same as good male players...for example:
Shelly farmer - she is one of the best female players out there and she deserevs a hell of a lot more respect than she gets, i would like to see some of the men that class themselves in her league take her on...it would make me chuckle also -
Tinks/alicia - again a great player that doesnt really get recognised for what she does...at campaign cup she had so much more attention for being gorgeous than she did for her style and capability on the field....(i luuurve uuu lover!)
so guys now i have blabbed on could i please have some opinions as to why men refuse 2 congratulate girls after a great game!!!
thanks
Kels xxx

Syltiz

Chaos, panic and disorder
Jun 11, 2004
Surrey
Visit site
What do you mean by Respect? Examples? I think they get treated the same as any other player of their ability level but I may be wrong.

I dont see many players congratulating players of the other team no matter what sex they are, so I dont think it's just something aimed at female players.

Candy

Dec 13, 2005
Romford, Essex
Visit site
well respect as in people/men congratulating them after a game, not necessarily the team that they have just beaten but maybe from the sidelines, i know that at campaign i was playing with the fallen angels and after every game whether we won or not we would always speak to the other team and congratulate them and we may have opposing opinions but i think that girls are not given the same treatment as men of the same ability...maybe i just havent seen it...anybody know wat i mean?!

jeff

Banned
Jul 10, 2001
Surrey. England.
Visit site
....and when will the females of the species actually accept the "Equality" that your "Sistas" fought so long and hard for?

""Treat me the same!!!....but treat me differently...""

On a side note Kels...

Your name has been mentioned quite a few times on these boards of late. You have obviously earned it whereas the other girls may not have....yet.

:)

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
A lot of that is down to the individual teams though Kels, rather than the fact your female. We always shake hands wth the other team as we enter the field and as we leave it but not all teams do. I don't think its particularly aimed at the sex of the player, more with the hype of being a 'badass' baller.

ShelleyHicky

Shelley Farmer
Oct 22, 2003
London
REEEEESPECT!

yo kels thank you for your comment.

I think respect in this sport is like the game - full of variables.

Some peeps do some don't - but I don't think it is a gender issue. But I see where you're coming from.

On the contrary I think the FAt Lady's have loads of respect. Am I wrong?

Uk females have not reached those heights yet - in time - in time:D

Status
Not open for further replies.