Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What Are dents? and how can i tell they are worn on an ion?

Diakatarnis

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Ok im new to all of this :p i have a ion :) but ive been told the dents may be worn ???? what are dents? and how can i tell they are worn?

Also as a side question, what are the best settings for the ion? ive god a blackheart board but dont really know what the optimum settings would be seeing as i dont really understand all this dwell tim malarky :)

Many thanks

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
detents are what hold the paintball back while they are waiting to be flung at some sucker at 280fps.

they sit at the front of the firing chamber, like black nobles, there just up and left of the eyes.

-james

chrismrgn

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 2004
Over there ->
Visit site
The detents are the small pieces of rubber (usually) that stop the ball from rolling down the barrel once there is a ball in the breach.

They hold the ball in so that the bolt can hit it more efficiantly.

Im not going to tell you how to get to them as i dont know much about ions and their sinful souls!

JoeJr

Feb 15, 2006
Birmingham
if you stick your finger down the feedneck(obviously without air screwed in) and feel to the left you should feel a little bump...those are detents

Diakatarnis

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
:D many thanks :p i dont acctualy think there are any in my gun :S i cant see or feel any bumps :\ would this be why it was shooting more than one ball at a time every so often when i was test firing it?

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Its possible your detents have worn down to the point where you can't feel them, in which case you will need to get some more. Only about £10 I think for some NDZ ones.

-Will

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Detents - yes, that is probably the reason you are firing more than one ball at once (another name for them is actually 'ADB = Anti-Double Ball').

QEV - I won't give too technical an answer in here (try the Techroom forum for the geek squad) but you simply have to get one fitted (or fit it yourself). It replaces the middle banjo fitting (the one nearest your trigger).

HTH