Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What are the important thing to get when starting?

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
I've just started playing paintball and I've got a tippmann A5, a 3000 psi HPA tank and the Dye I4 goggles and now I''m wondering what else I should look at getting and what order I should get it in?

leeabs94

Jan 15, 2015
To get playing, apart from that pod belt then playing clothes once you have the spare cash

David neilson

Sep 12, 2013
like said before just buy some paint, shoot some people and find your feet, you will soon learn your strengths and work out what gear you will need to progress. In the year and a half i have been playing now i have learnt to instead of getting what others have get what you need, as example i stated with tm-15 but worked out i play better with speedball style markers and now have a geo, i would agree with getting either a well built comfortable tac vest or pod pack,

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
You can also get a 4500psi HPA tank to have some more playing time and less refills..
The value of less fills is relative, and more playing time is not a factor to most games (more time between fills perhaps)
At walkons and tournaments you are going in and out of the field regularly. Unless the air system cannot cope there is no hardship in refilling
(And make it a habit to fill as you leave a game and top up if required as you enter)
The extra of 4500 fills is not available throughout the UK by default

If at a constant play event then the amount of air on your person may affect your game time.
You stop when eliminated (but may respawn in game) and can only shoot as much paint as you carry
Event organisers think about that, and in addition to bringing in hpac etc for 4500fills it is sometimes found that sites put in mobile fill stations in game, and the number of sites with permanent in field mini safe zones and fill stations has increased

A fibre wrap 4500 cylinder is not the greatest thing since sliced bread. Paying an extra £120 compared to a 3000psi aluminium cyljnder is not necessarily worth the money to a player who could be putting that money to game fees and paint
The real value in fibre cylinders is the range of sizes and shapes

For a player who asks what to get when they already have a standard cyljnder then a fibre is not the answer
The player will know when they need/want a fibre

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
It was only my opinion...
Ditto

Though a forum is a place for discussion

Only a couple of years ago what you stated was the advice given to virtually every new player on the forums, and if taken the new players would often spend a lot of money starting to play, then either run short of playing cash, naturaly stop playing and get a new hobby, or change their minds and direction in paintball

We all give our opinion, I've even been called a hypocrite for telling new players to stick with a 3000psi cyljnder but using 4500psi myself
(Currently I have a 48ci 4500psi but also 13ci 3000psi and two standard 3000psi cylinders)
We should qualify our advice, there is no black and white in paintball, give our advice and reasoning then let the idividual decide with an informed opinion

Reactions: arsnova