Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What going on? (UKM 25th)

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
OK - Sunday is fast approaching - and all I see is teams touting for players :eek:.

Surely you should have all made sure you had enough before you booked? I know people drop out at the last minute - but it's looking like every team from every div is having problems.

Seems there's going to be plenty of spaces at this one :(.

EDIT : Time for me to get my jersey back on?

beer

setting things right
Nov 29, 2004
Returning?????
Visit site
Raffles said:
OK - Sunday is fast approaching - and all I see is teams touting for players :eek:.

Surely you should have all made sure you had enough before you booked? I know people drop out at the last minute - but it's looking like every team from every div is having problems.

Seems there's going to be plenty of spaces at this one :(.

EDIT : Time for me to get my jersey back on?

hehe always happens ^_^

HELLRAISER

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2004
CATTERICK
yeah mate this is normal

furion has one guy who has important A level exams and thats why we asked but he has done that much revision he has decided to come play so we no longer need anyone

hehe

neil

WKD

Apr 7, 2002
East yorkshire
Visit site
Its that time of the year people at uni, college or school have revision and exams.
People taking their families on holidays to keep the other halves happy would be especially more noticeable to the smaller team ie only have 5 players than the larger squads.
Plus also like of funds and with the paintballing calendar being that full of events somer players cant afford to do the Mills aswell as say the 5 man masters.

My prediction is that you will see alot of teams being turned away again come august september time and there will be alot of players looking for games.

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
I know this happens a lot (but why?) - surely if you all knew the date(s) before hand - then you would prepare your rosters better (rather than leaving it to last minute)?

Not having a go - just curious as to why so many teams are having problems.

Maybe I should only put 1 team in for KotH and 'rent' some of my other players out ;).

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
OK - I have decided to be generous for the day (doesn't happen often). As I have a full team and some players to spare I will help the needy.

At the moment - I have 3 spare players. Although not very experienced, they have bags of enthusiasm (and know the pointy end faces away from them).

If you promise to look after them (they will need a bit of help) then their yours for the day.

I haven't taken any money off any of them - so it's up to each team to sort that out with them personally (including paint bills etc).

Hope that helps (if only a little).

Strawb

Platinum Member
May 8, 2005
Worcester
Visit site
Raffles said:
OK - I have decided to be generous for the day (doesn't happen often). As I have a full team and some players to spare I will help the needy.

At the moment - I have 3 spare players. Although not very experienced, they have bags of enthusiasm (and know the pointy end faces away from them).

If you promise to look after them (they will need a bit of help) then their yours for the day.

I haven't taken any money off any of them - so it's up to each team to sort that out with them personally (including paint bills etc).

Hope that helps (if only a little).

Raffles we're in need of a player if you still have anyone, we had a full team last saturday then sunday we lost a front player who's done something to his back.
Then tuesday night i got a call to say one of our back players HAS to help his girlfriend move house this weekend:rolleyes: , 2 players dropping out the week before an event is not what we wanted to hear.

Playing in div 2 but just out for fun(Why are we still div 2? finished bottom last month), if you could let either myself or ollgeeze know.

Steve

Raffles

Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
Hi Steve

I should be able to sort that for you. I'll have a word with the 'lads' for you.

Anyone else?

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
Got a fella called martin who plays for necropolis who says he might be able to play, says he will let me know by friday which is good but still cutting it a little close :s
anyone who can play for def? were just gonna be playing for fun this time with all the crazyness, so if there is anyone who wants to try every position on the field during the day or whatever for peronal reasons then heres your chance :)

Cheers raffles, tell the lads not to be intimidated by div2, theyr all softies really :) and were only gonna be having a laugh so no pressure.