Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What happened to ......

Minnow

Jul 7, 2001
Guernsey CI
Stocks and remotes ?

Why don't people seem to use them anymore ?

I stopped using them when my team started to take the pi** out of me and must admit that from a fashion point of view the nice gun mounted round bottom fibre wrapped bottle seems to be the current trendy set up to be seen with.

So is a gun mounted bottle set up really that much better or are we all becoming fashion victims ?

Minnow

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
There are a handful of reasons, such as using the weight and length to steady the gun, avoiding getting tangled in the remote hose while podding, simplicity, not having to take off your pack when you put your gun down or otherwise have a dangling remote hose trailing behind you, being able to check your pressure level and fill without having to take the bottle out then put it back in place (a big issue for people that shoot a lot of paint, who were for a long time and still are the most likely to use remotes), and not having to worry about the occasional catching the hose on a bunker as you're trying to move. (Very embarassing and potentially painful.) I guess the only gun that I can think of right now that I would run remote with would be a Shocker, since it by itself is heavy enough to be steady. As for a really milled Cocker, Emag, or Angel, forget it!

Brianguard16

Nov 11, 2001
Indiana, USA
Visit site
i'm going to try it...............

I just bougt a remote, and plan on using it. I have always liked the idea of having your tank in you harness and having a stock put on the gun. I don't see how you get tangled up with the remote. It is behind you, right? I plan on buying a retrackable m-16 stock to put on the back of my tippmann 98. I am used to having the tank up against my chest, that is why I am buying the m-16 stock. Does anyone know where I could get an m-16 retrackable stock for cheap?? ;)

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
Wouldnt it be best to run a Mag on remote if you are using CO2?
That way the bottle stays in the upright position and the 4ft hose acts as an expasion chamber. All off which would reduce the risk of liquid CO2 getting into the gun.

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Rem's

Always thought it looked wayyyy cool (gun+stock+remote):cool:, but never used 1:

When i played rec in the woods, never came around to install 1. I'm that lazy a b@st@rd:D

Now i play tourneys (front player), sliding'n'diving with that thing sitting on my back!!! ouch:(