Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What is the difference between the caliburs

unknown_evil345

Poop? Yes...poop...
Feb 18, 2002
DeBary, FL
cornholio621.tripod.com
I believe, my friend, that you are thinking of bore sizes. The bore size affects the number of balls you break in the barrel, accuracy, fps, etc. I have never taken the time to match the paint size to my barrel because all I've played is Rec-ball and didnt really care, I was just out to have fun. Want better advise? Talk to the pros!

Aha my favourite subject!

All paintballs are (or at least MOST) .68 calibre.

However, that doesn't mean that they don't vary in size. These are the different bore sizes, these are not official (though more expensive paint is often smaller) but can depend on the batch or on the weather/humidity how you have looked after it etc.

This is why paintballers tend to have a number of barrels, they buy their paint and then try to find the barrel that matches the best (you want the paint to stick inthe barrel but if you blow then the ball should come out pretty easily, though exaclty what you want varies with opinion).

The alterantive is a barrel system which has adjustable (interchangable) back bore sizes such as the Freak (which I will buy at some point).

So there you go, bore is actual size, calibre is more official than actual.

Richard