Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What makes a good pod pack?

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
I mostly play woodsball but i plan to move on to speedball later and I would like to get a pad pack that will work well in both, I am planning on getting the Dye lock lids, any suggestions on what things i should look for in a pack or any recomendations on a specific pack would be great

Last edited:

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I like the Planet eclipse HDE ones,just like a speedball pack,but with the ability to add a dump pouch and small smoke pouch on the mollie webbing.
Great quality&matches the HDE playing kit,I've added braces to mine stops it sliding down when fully loaded.

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
I like the Planet eclipse HDE ones,just like a speedball pack,but with the ability to add a dump pouch and small smoke pouch on the mollie webbing.
Great quality&matches the HDE playing kit,I've added braces to mine stops it sliding down when fully loaded.

Thanks but have you tried using Dye lock lids in it as I've heard that they don't fit in all packs

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Yep, locklids are what I use.
Think the pack is made by NXE.
So it's pretty much the same as my black planet one without the mollie.

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
I have the Planet eclipse+NXE 3+2+2 packs, it's got padded backing comfy to wear and holds a total of 9 pods. Our team now wears the laysick 2015 4+5 pack, I personally think I don't struggle to take my pods out as much as the eclipse one but that's just personal preference, both pack are great for both style of play I reckon
(Planet eclipse+NXE 3+2+2 packs in the pic)

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
Depends what you are doing. In the woods I use an nxe 4+5 as I can replace empty pods to take with me. On the speedball field I use a hi army zero g which I can't place pods back in at all but can get them out a little quicker. If it's going to be your only pack the nxe is the one to have.

CameronS

Sep 30, 2013
Kent
Locklids are a no no from me on a sup air field.... they are time consuming and a pain in the ase and not to mention they have a innate ability to pop open easily and in inconvenient times...

But that's my opinion ...

roy2k14

FE
Oct 13, 2014
East Midland, United Kingdom
My our team's 2015 Laysick pack are very good in my opinion, holds 11 pods in total and the outer straps are tight enough I can hold the pods by their rounded end without worrying they will fall out off the break or doing a dive.

Pods wise, I love the proto pods, decent lid and reliable enough for me, shame I only have one left, most of my pods are Valken pods which are bag of garbage, one broke at the last tournament with the lid snapped off. When I started speedball I found out you can't always keep the same amount or type of pods you walk into the field with, I have lost, broke and been robbed a few pods off by people, personally I don't recommend buying locklid as you are likely to lose them expensive pods easily.

NotScottyG

Feb 1, 2015
Aberdeen, Scotland
Thanks for all the advice I think I'm going to go for the Planet eclipse HDE as I've tried the lock lids and I find them easier to open than normal pods, also there is only a small group of speed ball players at my field and there all decent people so I don't need to worry about people stealing them.