Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What on earth happened at the Euro 5-man!

Jul 13, 2001
Kent
Visit site
I'm curious

Originally posted by Nick Brockdorff
As to why people that weren't there, are passing judgement on the event ?

I WASN'T there - so I can't....... and thus won't (unles the debate is on something that would not require me having been there) !

I haven't spoken to any of the guys that went yet, so I have no other information than what is in this thread - were the advertised prizes not given out ?

Nick
Nick,

Are you blind dude? i have already explained what we did for the prizes.

Why dont you ask about the venue or the food or the parking or the non break your legs flooring in the staging area, why dont ya talk about how well your team played or how many times they were filmed playing or whatever, why dont you ask me about the footage im gonna try & cut & send to you guys for promotion training etc you could even talk about the fact the Pro prizes were 200% of what we took in entrys compared to the 70% in
milleniums or the filtered air or the lack of marshaling complaints etc etc.:confused:

Well if ya blind & are that curious why dont ya just send me an email or give me a ring instead of keep coming on here & pi$$ing me off. ?

Woz

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
russell we did book in but withdrew for reasons stated in another thread. hope ya'll can understand our desicion after reading this

third post down says it all....

acsik

Sep 18, 2001
Hungary
Visit site
I gotta be with Warren on this one!

Someone pointed out a few quirks and cited that other promoters would be hunged for much less...

True dat! But those promoters would be the Millennium/NPPL promoters I assume. People who have years of experience and RESOURCES! This was pulled off by a couple of guys&girls with HUGE cojones!

Do they have room to improve? Yes!

But if you were there you've seen that the crew was doing everything & beyond to make it as good as they can. And given the circumstances they've done well.

Thats the reason why there is praise and thats the reason why people feel good about it.

The Sharks lft the tourny for reasons above..

We left the tourny because my mentally challenged teammate tought that Ashford is next to/in London and booked a 8:05Pm flight back. Im still kicking myself not being able to finish the tourny and the responsibile teammate will be ridiculed to eternity.

Oh and before I forget!!

I was on no event ever where:

They came to pick up your lost ass and drive you to the stadium...

There were a garbage collection crew everywhere, non stop!

Players were keeping the place clean

No (or very little) dryfiring in the staging area (heated even)

Civilized food & softdrink prices (The blue PopStars is evil!)

Peace

p.s: For the "Always Naysayers": Please go to the nearest Starbucks and order yourself a big steaming cup of STFU!!!

golly-skulls

NOT SO FAT PAINTSLINGER
Jul 26, 2001
essex
Visit site
FLY when you said we were very dissapointed with no trophy with spending over£1000
ther was no mention of the feilds,the marhalls "who worked very hard on sunday to rebuild the feilds,the scaffolding,the netting etc from 730 till about 1030 while everyone else sat in the warmth drinking tea and coffee" how good the event was or how good the stadium was .
what you did get
5 dvd's............................................................approx £75
4 boxes of paint..............................................approx £120
free entry and hotels next year..................................£530

TOTAL.........................£725
not bad from where im sitting!!!
i was playing novice for quite a while and i havent seen a non millenium event with that kind of prizes!!!!!!

all i can say is warren coooooool!!!!!!!

ploease do it again next year and maybe for some guy's just give them a trophy at the end of the weekend and see what is said then.
maybe its just me but there seems to be no pleaseing some people!!!:confused:

PSK1

Oct 1, 2002
Oxford
www.taggedgear.com
Big respect to Warren and Matty for organising the tournament, great venue, great onsite facilities, realy cool fields, indoor WARM staging area, great judging nice mix of teams, shame about the drop outs but it happens.

To all you guys that have to moan, what a bunch of tossers you are, I know for a fact Warren and Matty worked realy hard at this tournament, making sure the venue was kept clean, making sure the tournament run smoothly even with the loss of a field, imagine if they lost a field at the m25 it would not finish til tuesday lunchtime.

Big respect again to both guys at pure rush.

Phil Starr

Fly

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2002
Sorry did'nt mean to come across that way :(
No your right I did'nt mention what a great job everybody did and how good the Marshalls were. They were bloody good!
As I did say we had a very good time and are looking forward to next years event.
Did'nt mean to upset anyone.
Sorry :(

p8ntdog

EZ TIGER
Apr 10, 2003
50's
www.mayhemtigers.com
Great job

Hey Wozza n Matt fcking excellent job dudes, with everything seeming to go against you guys you still managed to pull off a very decent tourney!!!

The stadium was just as cool as you said it would be, the fields were just right for 5 min 5 man games, the marshalling was fair and a good idea to have individual head marshalls per field, the players area was sweet and catering was good.

Fcking coool to have the camera crew around making the dvd, that realy gave it a profesional atmosphere and cant wait too see the dvd.

Big shout out to Julie n Sal an all the cleaners + the players making an effort to get us back next year.

Also cool idea Woz to do some xball style comentating during games keeping the crowd informed at all times as to who was playing and what was going on, and NO the players on field could not hear ( as some people thought ).

Thanx to the Dux for a good hard semi, hope there are no bad feelings due to a slight misunderstanding and respect to that Dux player for coming over and easing the tension!

Finally respect to Hardcore, they played well and made it an exciting final at 2-1.

Look forward to defending the Euron 5 man 2.