Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

whats classed as a tournament grade marker?

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
One that works! Hehe

When people refer to "Tournament Grade" they usually mean expensive! But that's not really the case. Generally, in my experience anyway, a tournament grade marker will be fast, reliable, and electronic (pretty much the cause for it being fast)! Don't really think there's many people using manual markers at tourney's.

If you're gonna be usin a marker for tourney's it should be reliable, last thing you want is something to go wrong when you're emptying your hopper in someone's general direction! Some people think that because they've paid £1000 for a marker, it makes it perfect for a tournament, never mind the fact that it breaks every 5 shots and you spend more time fixing it than anything else (not talkin about any markers specifically).

Also, it should feel right (unless your sponsored, then you can't complain!). If you don't feel happy with your marker then don't keep it. It's down to personal preference.

Anyway, that's my 2p!

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
Pretty much. As I said, if you're sponsored by a particular brand then you may have to shoot what they tell you to! Otherwise it's whatever you feel happy with.

On a similar note, don't spend more than you need to, it's okay to get the best that you can afford, but if you then can't afford to play what's the point? If you really want a specific marker, I'd suggest saving up rather than spending your entire pay packet. At least that way you can play if you want.

One last.. slight contradiction! :D
If you see a marker that's up for sale on these forums that's an absolute steal, like the Vision impy for about £200 then I'd go for it. Sometimes these markers have to go for more serious reasons than being bored and are very cheap. Not all good deals are too good to be true!

My 4p now!

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
Originally posted by O.J
so basicly u can use any marker for a tournament? providing its not so rubish that it breaks down every few seconds.
For tournaments it has to have a trigger guard and be semi-auto.

Then each tournament series will have their own rules regarding software modes.

O.J

TEAM LUCID!!1!ONE!!
Aug 29, 2003
newcastle upon tyne
yea sunday will do me fine, if u email me or pm me with sum details thatd b great. oh and i think i mite have got a few mates into the whole paintball thing so is it ok if i ask them along 2? most of them probably wont come like. is it this sunday or next? just iv heard theres a walk-on next sunday...d'u usually train then?

that was a bit of a mouthful lol :D

le-pig

the brotherhood
May 16, 2002
isle of man
Visit site
Originally posted by EyeFellOva
One that works! Hehe

When people refer to "Tournament Grade" they usually mean expensive! But that's not really the case. Generally, in my experience anyway, a tournament grade marker will be fast, reliable, and electronic (pretty much the cause for it being fast)! Don't really think there's many people using manual markers at tourney's.

If you're gonna be usin a marker for tourney's it should be reliable, last thing you want is something to go wrong when you're emptying your hopper in someone's general direction! Some people think that because they've paid £1000 for a marker, it makes it perfect for a tournament, never mind the fact that it breaks every 5 shots and you spend more time fixing it than anything else (not talkin about any markers specifically).

Also, it should feel right (unless your sponsored, then you can't for complain!). If you don't feel happy with your marker then don't keep it. It's down to personal preference.

Anyway, that's my 2p!
you dont have to have a electronic gat for tourneys,i would rather a well timed cocker over any electric spyder ect.

name me any £1000 marker that constantly breaks down:confused: .

oj
for a good entry level marker,try a secondhand angel lcd;) ,prety much bullet/idiot proof:cool: