Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whats SP Impulse like??

drmaccon

The Doc
Sep 19, 2006
Midlands- Leicester
Thinking of getting a new impulse- are they better than ions???

how do they compare to 2nd hand PM5's too???

cheers!

oh and is a LP reg worth getting for the smart parts impulse?????
or after it when i have more £££££?

cheers,
Mark

boddy

Aug 29, 2005
Birmingham
To be honest mate i wouldn't even bother with an impulse. Get an ion, they are smaller and lighter than the impulse without being any slower. PM5's are also fantatsic markers, way better than the impulse.

Play_the_game

Banned
Jun 13, 2006
london (norbury)
"Thinking of getting a new impulse- are they better than ions???

well i all depends on what you like there both good starter guns it's rely your choice. But i agree with boddy think ion's are grate there better :p

Karlito

"Acta Non Verba" - London Fearless Massive
Apr 19, 2005
Brentwood, Essex
i started with an impy..had no problems with it at all with regards to initial set-up, unlike some brand new ion's i've seen....
however once the ion's problems are 'ioned' out (excuse the pun :p ) they are great markers, with a lower profile.

Pump'n'Splat

Ambassador of BOING!
I've used a couple, and back to one now cos of a lack of funds - for the price they go for nowadays they're worth picking up as a starter marker...specially if you can get hold of a factory cut..they're a bit more solidly made than the ion, but heavier and blockier. compare an ION at £150 2nd hand and an impulse (usually upgraded) at around the £80-100 mark, it's definitely a good budget option....I can't say i've ever had any complaints with the impulse as a reliable marker.

darren maskell

The Ghandi Man
Jul 17, 2003
lincolnshire
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
I started with an impy years ago good marker but as time has moved on so have markers.The ion is a dam good marker cheap but you do need some parts to make it better you need a freek barrel an on off and a clamping feed neck there are many other top bits to make them better so but those 3 are the first few to buy as for the pm great out of the box but try b4 you buy you may like 1 more than the other as it is how they feel to you. Good luck.:D

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
forget both the smarts parts markers

if you have the cash get a pm5 you will not regret it loved mine couldnt fault it on anything

easy to look after
easy to clean
little or no kick
and a nice shape and cut to the body

forgot to add very solid and well built

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
I've used a couple, and back to one now cos of a lack of funds - for the price they go for nowadays they're worth picking up as a starter marker...specially if you can get hold of a factory cut..they're a bit more solidly made than the ion, but heavier and blockier. compare an ION at £150 2nd hand and an impulse (usually upgraded) at around the £80-100 mark, it's definitely a good budget option....I can't say i've ever had any complaints with the impulse as a reliable marker.
New Ion's cost £150 - 2nd hand ones go for around £100 and like the Impy that often includes an upgrade or two (eg. clamping feedneck).

Go for an Ion over an Impulse.

-Will