Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

whats the best sniper markers

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
Um, there's no such thing I'm afraid, assuming you mean what is the most accurate marker. It all comes down to having good quality paint, with a matching barrel & learning to shoot properly.

Neddyboy

where's my precious
Jun 17, 2002
Surrey, UK
www.franceforyou.co.uk
not quite true, the tippmann flatine barrel on a tippmann can be classed as a sniper marker if you are playing rec ball in a big area. I can pick people off at between 250 - 300 feet and they aint got a clue where the shot is coming from. Obviously the setup has to be perfect, also what type of paint you use effects how well you shoot.

If you willing to get into position and have a clear view to the maximum range and you are a good shot, I would say you could hit 9 our of 10 of your victims. The key to sniping is not rapid fire but just fire 1 or 2 shots at a time, if you are well hidden they will not be able to identify where you are, they will stand, crouch or lay down looking around and then you fire and they are hit and out.

You need a lot of patience, its a lot harder to play this sort of game in the UK because the game play does not really allow you to do this sort thing unless its a big scenerio game, but in the USA well thats another story!!!

This is only my opinion:p

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
True, the flatline does shoot a flatter trajectory than most other markers & is thus potentially easier to use if your paint is sweet. From what I've seen of flatlines, if you've got inconsistent paint then they're even worse than a normal barrel.

joowon49

Colonial Fury
Oct 9, 2002
Fairfax, VA
Visit site
The bottom line is Paintball guns are nowhere near the needed accuracy to be considered "sniper" guns. Even with variables perfect, like the crucial paint barrel match, there is no real "accuracy" in a paintball gun. Yes the flatline can shoot longer, but no more "accurate" than your standard paintball gun.

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
I can recommend a Shocker... There is definately something about that marker - Don't know about the new one though...

The old was/is very reliable, easy to maintain, consistent in velocity (precision) and the weight seems a bonus when sniping... It doesn't make much sound as it only pops/whistles - And when you get spotted you also have a very fast marker to shoot your way out of trouble... ;)

But as already stated you can use almost anything - this is just a personal recommandation... Besides I believe it is possible to find Shockers with left-/right-feed which is capable of mounting red dot sights etc.

Pinky

TOOLE

Banned
Feb 27, 2003
if you want a marker with a flatline that isn't as poo as the tipmann then they ghave just released a new autococker with a flatline barrel and a blade fram as standard, just go to the wgp web site.