Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What's the best solution?Stocks,Butt plates, or grip tape?

Krispy

Jul 12, 2002
Ohio
What's up guys, I'm new to the forum, but I like what's going on here and i'll probably be coming back alot more. Anyway, I have a question. I'm kinda getting sick of my Model 98's plain old Co2 tank. I'm thinking of adding a remote and Tippmann Collapsible Stock. The thing is, the stock is quiet alot of money for just a stock. I saw the Lapco T-Stock and that looked OK too. From past experience I have just used skateboard griptape. Maybe I applied it wrong, but the tape just isn't sturdy enough. There is no way I can use a butt-plate considering I'm planning on using a remote. Should I use a remote? What would be the best thing for me to use say I was a back player and normally used sniping tactics? Well that's the dillemma, thanks for your time.

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Sniping at the back? you should be at the front if you ain't laying down streams of paint for your team (wether rec or tourny), get your wallet out cos a stock will be your best bet as you have found you can't get on with grip tape...remote isn't a wonderful idea but as a back player you won't be moving a lot, however if you are running a remote then a stock is a must. Butt plates do work, just need a bit of insulating tape on the bottle first to keep them from slipping...take a look at other peoples setups and ask to try them cos what one person likes to use isn't always what you will like.

Krispy

Jul 12, 2002
Ohio
Thanks. By the way, is there a scope that you'd prefer? I dont really like red dot sights, my bud has one that's from his hunting rifle and it works nice, any suggestions?

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Originally posted by Mark
Sniping at the back? you should be at the front if you ain't laying down streams of paint for your team (wether rec or tourny).
That part above was sacastic !;) The only scope I would recomend is your own eyes...the trajectory of a paintball is closer to that of a rubber bullet (unless we are talking very close quarters) so unless you like the look of one on the top of your chosen marker don't waste your money.