The Home Of European Paintball

What's the difference...

Scotty D

Too serious by half
Feb 2, 2002
Kinross. Scotland
Visit site
No, it's not a joke..
What is the difference between the standard vision impy board, the vision impy cricket board and this new(?) WAS board?

And please no references to the cricket board being the ruling body of the game of Cricket.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Scotty D
No, it's not a joke..
What is the difference between the standard vision impy board, the vision impy cricket board and this new(?) WAS board?

And please no references to the cricket board being the ruling body of the game of Cricket.
Basically the differances are in the speed and their ability to see different paint colours.
The stock board was good but doesn't see/work well with all coloured paints.
The Cricket board is better at seeing the darker coloured paint but still not 100% and is also faster, specially with the SF programing.
The WAS board uses a break beam eye, as apposed to a reflective eye found on the other 2, thus it can 'see' any colour paint inluding black shelled paint, The WAS eyes can also see through paint fill apparently (allthough why would there be paint fill if the eye works??;)) The WAS board is also faster, the trigger is checked for pulls a lot more times in a second(100,0000) making it easier to achieve a high rate of fire.

Paul
:)

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
I thought all you Clan peeps ran Angels? :D

Standard vision board:
- Turned on by the slide-switch on the side.
- Flick-switch on the back to change between vision/non-vision mode.
- Two little pots (dials) on the side to adjust dwell and eye sensitivity.
- Reflective eye would allow bolt to cycle as long as it detected something in the way; doesn't work well with black paint.
- Capped at 13bps in non-vision mode, 17bps in vision-mode.

Cricket vision board:
- Turned on by holding down the push-switch at the back (no slide switch on the side). Blue-light starts flashing.
- Press push-switch on back again to change between vision/non-vision mode. Blue light flashes in different sequence to indicate mode.
- Two push-buttons on side to adjust dwell up/down.
- Little speaker mounted on board will "chirp" to indicate modes/status/caps being hit, etc. SOME frames need this speaker moved as it doesn't always fit. SP will do it for u.
- Reflective eye would allow bolt to cycle when ball is detected, but then would prevent another shot until the breach is cleared and re-loaded. ie, can no longer test it whilst degassed with your finger over the eye.
- Capped at 13bps in non-vision mode, 20bps in vision-mode.
- Latest Cricket boards are capped at 20bps in either mode.

WAS board:
This isn't officially released yet, but all we know is that it works like the Timmy and AKA Equalizer boards, which means it detects the trigger at a whopping 1million times a second, has a different eye system, and will probably need your body drilled to fit it. As far as boards go, it's the one that every impulse owner is looking forward to.

:D

Edit1: bah, that took me ages to write Paul! :D
Edit2: Oh, and before anyone flames me for the cap-rates, I don't actually know. I just took those off the Impulse Owners Group FAQ - seems there are different figures depending on who u ask ;)

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
The old board had a green/amber LED on the back, and the dwell and eye sensitivity were adjusted on potentiometers on the right side of the board. The power switch is a slider on the left of the board.

The cricket board has a blue LED and a speaker that chirrups at you (hence the name), has automatic eye sensitivity adjustment and the dwell is set with two pushbuttons near where the pots used to be. The power and vision/non-vision switch is a pushbutton on the back. It also has a regulated supply to the solenoid, so your dwell won't drift as your battery runs flat, and the more recent releases have a higher rate of fire.

The WAS Equalizer is quite different (for a start, it's not a Smart Parts product, like the last two.) It does not have a ROF limit, and depends on the eye to get the fastest cycling speed. The eye itself is new, and apparently faster and better at seeing all types of paint. It fits a standard vision body with a minor modification, but it needs its own eye cover - neither the standard eye cover or the ND covers will fit. It has "shot storing" so if you pull the trigger before it's ready to fire again, it will delay the shot until it can fire. Seems to add a couple of bps to some peoples' rates of fire. All adjustments are done with the power button and the trigger, or via a cable to a PC.

Look at http://www.wickedairsportz.com/products/eqimp.htm for the sales pitch. But the Impulse Equalizer is still not available, although it should be soon. He has a load of them all made and waiting to start selling but there has been a long hold-up waiting for the eye covers.

Scotty D

Too serious by half
Feb 2, 2002
Kinross. Scotland
Visit site
Thanks for that guys.

As for most of the Clan using Angels off the top of my head. 12 players and only 4 Angels. I could be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time). The rest are e-blade cockers, Race frame cockers and an Impy.