Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What's the equivalent of JBWeld in UK?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I got me a feedtube on an Angel where the threads have sheared, so what's the best equivalent of JB Weld over here?

Need something that is strong enough for a feedneck and yet I can spread thinly enough, even wipe off excess if required.

Anyone else done something similar?

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I'd recommend Araldite - or any other 2-part epoxy. Don't think it bonds well to anodized surfaces, but if you get it back to raw aluminium and free of grease it stays damn well put. There are a couple of varieties especially for aluminium joining, but the normal off-the-shelf stuff does the job perfectly well.

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Skeet - are those thin enough for a feed tube? and can I wipe them off if there is too much or are they once they touch something that's it forget about removing them.

Cheers

Skeet

Platinum Member
Quick Steeli slike Miliput..two compounds taht you mix together like putty...then it sets liek rock....Isopon is liek a paste, which you mix with hardner...then apply it to what ever...fix teh parts together...wipe off the bits...then leave it a bit...with experience you can make it set real quick or slow depending on teh amount of hardner taht uou use...wipe off the excess witha wet finger, to keep it smooth...job done..

You may find tat somethig like Araldite will be better...maybe not..as I said Isopon is actually car body filler...its epoxy based tho...sets liek cincrete...you can drill it..tap it/...whatever yopu liek...im not familiar with JB weld, tho I have heard of it.