Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What's the point in having a LPR kit

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
According to Donny at smart parts an LPR kit allows you to reduce the bolt operating pressure from 200 ish psi to 100 odd.
Which should reduce breaks and greatly increase efficiency.

Should be noted that he was talking one of my team mates into buying one for his Voodoo, and trying to sell me a Strange Vision Impy at the time, so was in salesman mode! ;)

Rumour has it its a good mod, but we all know how much BS there is in this sport!

Laterz

Ian

:)

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
not sure, since smart parts were recommending my mate fitted one to his full Voodoo impy I can only assume not.

Best bet is to phone Smart Parts or check out the impluse owners club for a more impartial opinion. No reason to believe smart parts would lie to you/

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
The LPR replace what the VFF does in function I believe.

Bolt pressures and chopping paint, the Angels bolt runs at 90 psi....... nuff said there!!!

They look good! Can't say I noticed a massive differance on mine I'd reccomend that if your marker is running sweet leave as it is!
An LPR may give better consistancy & efficiency.

Paul.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Originally posted by Paul_collier
The LPR replace what the VFF does in function I believe.

Bolt pressures and chopping paint, the Angels bolt runs at 90 psi....... nuff said there!!!

They look good! Can't say I noticed a massive differance on mine I'd reccomend that if your marker is running sweet leave as it is! An LPR may give better consistancy & efficiency.

Paul.
i now own the marker hes talking about and it runs sweeeet as! but then i never tried it before the mod.

and yes you will need to plug one of the gas transfer holes in the vff if you install an lpr

Jamie

How, what, why,????
Feb 19, 2002
Visit site
I use a Jackhammer LPR and yes i have found that it increases efficency but to be honest im not really concerned with efficency, it does however greatly reduce the kick of the marker, If you install a LPR you should increase the input preassure to around 220 - 250 psi and then the LPR will regulate the air going to the solonoid down to around 100 psi or so. And yes you cant use a VFF an LPR together as the VFF will cancel out the function of the LPR..

You can also put the lightest internals you want with an LPR fitted as well.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I have a Respirator on my impy, which is still fitted with a VFF. I haven't plugged any holes, and it works fine. Sure, the VFF just becomes another vertical ASA, but I think it looks better than the standard ASA so that's ok. It's possible that other LPR nipples are a different shape which would require you to replug the holes used by the VFF, but I don't think so. So, to sum up, the LPR and VFF don't "cancel each other out" but the VFF is non-functional (and unnecessary) once you fit an LPR.