Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

When will it end????

Just Curious

Jul 6, 2001
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
It had to happen sometime!!!

After reading 'Speak Your Brains' in this months issue of P.G.I, I now believe that 'Political Correctness Gone Crazy' is officially a part of Paintball!!!!

Now, I'm not knocking the guys article but to suggest certain terminology/words used in Paintball should be changed/reviewed is taking the piss!!

He gives a comparison of various words and their meaning in both Paintball and everyday life.(personnally, the one about the Dead-Zone he got totally wrong. I always thought it was a morgue you were taken too when you died)
In offering this comparison, I think he actually answers his own question, i.e It is the context that the words are used in, not specifically what they mean. He even admits that he has not come up with any alternatives and suggests that this may be a job for the 'readers'. I can't envisage,'THAT BIG WOODEN THINGY', replacing the word 'Bunker'.:D

But, hey,,,you never know.

Anyway,,,just my opinion.

;)

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Believe me, myself and a handful of others try our hardest to repel that ghastly invasion and do our best to stick a knife in it. Do your part and encourage others to rebel against the castration of ideas, degradation of the human mind and spirit of conformity, and if someone tells you to shut up when you're right find some way to speak louder than they do and torpedo their efforts of suppression. Truth and expression are probably the two greatest pursuits of the human existance.