Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

where to start upgrading an IR3?

Gee

Mar 18, 2002
Reading UK
Visit site
Well i'm assuming you've got air already :D

You probably want to go for a new set of barrels.
The infinity is good but only comes in one bore size.

From there, a new trigger depending on your taste and everything else is pretty cosmetic.

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
Jammy

If you're new to the IR3, I'd say just leave it alone! Play with it as it is, you'll find that the basic marker is excellent, hence the reason why there are very few worthwhile, non-cosmetic add-ons.

The standard barrel is already aftersales quality and so the only realistic reasons for replacing it are either cosmetic, poor paint match with the paint you commonly use or a longer/shorter barrel to fit your playing style. You aren't otherwise going to get a real performance boost simply by changing to another 14" .687 barrel.

The trigger on the IR3 is very good already, against that the Cobra trigger for the LCD was a big improvement over the stock trigger, so it might be a worthwhile buy if you are uncomfortable with your current IR3 trigger.

As far as volumisers go, a very common addon on Angels, they really are only a cosmetic change apart from one minor useful feature if you do your own tech work: they're a lot quicker to remove than the standard end plug & don't require an allen key to do so (a minor point, but I'm very lazy :) )

Some of the cosmetic sight rails, back plates, etc that you can get look very nice - check out some of WDPs own addons.

If you've got money to spend then I'd look elsewhere, perhaps a new air system or hopper upgrade?

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
oh one thing.......

Originally posted by jammysexgod
do u reakon the link up to the hopper from the ir3 is worth it? its £13.60? im thinkin about gettin one.
Depends on where you play. Back then yeah go for it, but if you play up front and slide into things then no. A couple of times when i've tripped up or dived into something and my hopper can flying off. I'd hate to think of that little wire getting broken and then your hopper being down for the rest of the game.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Geez...people that have this kind of immediate urge to spend money are why I'm going into the credit counseling and financial planning business and will probably end up a millionaire. It's like automobile accidents: silly, preventable, but always happening and likely always will. I'd go with a barrel system like CP Pro or Freak, as that has the most use. Intellifeed link is ok, but since you have the gated feed and COPS on the IR3 it's totally unnecessary in my opinion. If you play front, Warp feed isn't a bad idea if you think it feels right. Some do, some don't.