Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which barrel and bore size for inferno ?

mrstewie

Apr 1, 2002
london, essex
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade the barrel on my inferno ( spyder thread),
I guess I would like a barrel that isn't too picky with paint. I'm considering the SM all american or dye ultralite.
I would like to know in your opinion what would be the best barrel and bore size ?

Gudmann

huh ?
On the Smart Parts AA

I have a 14 inch Smart Parts All American on my Inferno Terminator T3 and like it much.

It uses significantly more gas than the Standard 10 inch Hellfire on the T3 (I use a screw in HPA with 850 psi outout BTW). I believe that is because of the increased lenght and the extensive porting, so consider the 12 inch Smart Parts Progressive too.

The Hellfire barrel has gotten excellent reviews..so if you have an Inferno Rec or Heat, consider that if you are on a budget.

my best
Gudmann Bragi Birgisson
Reykjavik Paintball Club

Julesbloke

Apr 11, 2002
Midlands, UK
Visit site
If you're on a budget, the Dye Excel is a good buy for rec ball. I use mine with any old site paint on my Inferno recballer. 12" is the best size.

If money is no object, you should go for the freak sets etc to fit the paint better/get better accuracy.

Tony

Dead Hellfish
Jul 7, 2001
Jarra, N-E , UK
Visit site
What paint do you normally use???? DYE ultralites are pretty small bore, so it's pointless getting a barrel that is small bore, if your paint is too big for it.

Gudmann

huh ?
Smart Parts All American

I have "normal"...that's .689 isn't it....

/me goes and checks...hmmm..I thought the bore size was stamped on it, but it wasn't...

I've shot age old Diablo Blaze through it...was good.

Old RPS Euro-flite too...didn't break significantly more than in the Hellfire barrel...

Newish Midnight...fine...

Old Midnight...OK too...but old Midnight seems to break more than old Blaze.

(Can you tell that paint is a bit of a problem in Iceland *grin* small market...bigger imports = more economical...i.e. paint gets old....)

I feel that the paint needs to be a little better for the All American than for the Hellfire...but that may be because added length means more chances for the paint to rub the wrong way against the barrel and break...

Also I find I need to turn the velocity adjuster more up on the AA vs. the Hellfire, probably resulting in a harder blast against the paint, so that again increases the chances of a break...but 12 inches instead of 14 may decrease that.

I don't think there will be a significant difference in accuracy in a 14 inch one vs. a 12 inch one...but gas consumption and breaks might be better in a shorter barrel......

my best
Gudmann Bragi Birgisson
Reykjavik Paintball Club

mrstewie

Apr 1, 2002
london, essex
Visit site
Thanks Gudmann, by the way my girlfriend adores Reykjavik. Thinking about what you said about the porting on a All American maybe the best barrel would be the freak junior, it has less porting and inserts but then at that price you can afford a boomstick.