Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which barrel

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
TBH neither both don't say what bore there are. for that price you could get a freak back, and then get load of different combinations on fronts and bores

matt1971

Nov 10, 2008
newcastle upon tyne
TBH neither both don't say what bore there are. for that price you could get a freak back, and then get load of different combinations on fronts and bores
you have totally lost me m8 just want a good barrel for my marker just not apex or flatline

would like some good advice want to pay no more that £30 for barrel

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
OK here is how it works, each batch of paintballs are of different sizes. from 0.684 up to 0.696 so unless you have a barrel that matches your paint. you will run into all sorts of problems with breaking paint inconsistencies over the chrono
so you want a barrel that will match your paint. and those on ebay don't tell you the size.
so have a look at a freak barrel system as it will give you a few different sizes to choose from

Thib

Nov 26, 2008
Newcastle
OK here is how it works, each batch of paintballs are of different sizes. from 0.684 up to 0.696 so unless you have a barrel that matches your paint. you will run into all sorts of problems with breaking paint inconsistencies over the chrono
so you want a barrel that will match your paint. and those on ebay don't tell you the size.
so have a look at a freak barrel system as it will give you a few different sizes to choose from
You don't need many bore size ...
I play since five year with a dye in .88 or a kaner/freak in 89 depending of which marker i was playing with ...

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
.693 is th best bore size in my opinion, over boring dont make all that much of a difference i dont think. As for the original question, i have got the J&J barrel and they are quite good however they are quite small bored like lump kinda said earlier. They do self clean etc but with them being so tight they just barrel burst all the time.

Once again i agree with lump get a freak set or something where you can bore the paint for a nice fit (i wont bother going into method etc as i dont want to insult anyones intelligence lol) 1 barrel i would really recommend is the deadly winds carbon fibre barrels, they take the freak inserts and they self clean, not to mention they are coated so you can use a fluffy. A little more expensive but deffo worth it!! I have a SP thread 1 and soon as i see a cheap cocker threaded 1 pop up i will be having it!!

Hope that helps :D

gazmo 77

Gaz the Janner
Feb 2, 2009
Plymouth
barrel

Hello there did you get a barrel in the end ? personally i went with the jandj but i have a few tippy's (98)s and this barrel was perfect for woodsball where we play.
Cheers Gaz :)

BigKris

Fabriacate diem..punk
Jan 8, 2009
Cambridge area.
www.level-1.org.uk
For 30 quid

Try the UN1TECH barrels they are meant to be very good,and once you have the back you can cheaply build up a selection of bores and lengths.

I agree that its best to over bore if you can only get one size as this will give you less chance of ball breaks in the barrel. .693 is plenty big enough to accomodate pretty much any paintball.

http://www.paintball-equipment-online.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=112_113&products_id=770

If you want a 1 piece barrel you couldnt go far wrong with a smart parts progressive barrel..

I use a freak kit as i picked one up cheaply second hand,although by no means essential,the ability to change your bore size to match paint is very,very handy and can save alot of aggro when using certain brands of paint under certain conditions.

You might be able to pick one up real cheap if you check the classifieds here.

If you want a fairly cheap one piece barrel then the smart parts progressive or linear barrel is a good choice.both around 30 quid.

http://www.paintball-equipment-online.co.uk/index.php?cPath=79_160&sort=2a&page=2

You can check barrel bores by brand on this thread,the J and J is listed for sure.
check it here:

http://www.p8ntballer-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1169973#post1169973

grimick

Elsham staffy
Dec 22, 2008
grimsby
if by looking at the one's you looking at on the flee-bay
is for the a5/x7/bt ,;)
the 14" Sniper Truflight Barrel is one that i wouldnt recommend,
as the one i have sits dormant in the kit bag ,:(
as said before the smart parts progressive 14" is a great barrel for the price and works well with the a5 ,as ive tested this barrel out whilst i was waiting for my hammerhead kit to turn up