Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which ego ?

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
more than likely there will be someone there with one,as well as an 06 (ill have one with me if im there)
markie will have his sl66 with him no doubt and probably steve who works at planet will have his nexus with him....if you ask im sure they will both let you have a go.

Booti

suicide blonde comin thru
Aug 18, 2003
Manchester
for the price of an eTek though remember that you can probably get a second hand 05 and add an 06 frame

eTek £475
05 approx £350 + 06 frame £110 = £460
06 £715

cookie_834

P8ntball killed me....
Oct 28, 2004
in a house with a window
Visit site
like jahald said. come down to NQ (even better weve got dynasty over this weekend check that out in the ACQ!!) and we have eteks, and 06's. you can borrow my 06 if you want, or jst one of our eteks if u ask nicely ;)

p.s i gt 2 06's for sale if ure intrested pm me :)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
To be honest cant go wrong with any of them however the etek is a nice marker for the price and as stated its brand new. Basically Its just like a regular EGO but with a nice swivel regulator, bigger trigger guard, same detent upgrade as the 06 models and a microswitch board -which rocks!

As some people have alluded to Northern Quarter is now the official ETEK demo centre and we have 3 trained techs on site that can show you all about them if you are thinking of buying one. Also the Firm (who run the site) all are shooting 06 EGOs this season. Feel free to ask any of us for a demo.

For anyone who thinks that the programming would be hard on an ETEK due to the lack of LCD I'd say its no different and perhaps even a bit easier as you can just flick through the 8 parameters to change the modes. Very easy to set up. Also, some might say the lack of battery indicator is a negative - well, it has an intermittent light that flashes every 10 seconds or so that changes green to yellow to red to indicate battery status - very handy.

I saw no disadvantage to the new LED board at all and its a bonus that is programmable via the trigger - hence on training days you can mess with all the settings without having to unscrew the grips.

as with most things, try before you buy.