Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

which electro?

dfaryna

Aug 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
I am looking to up grade to an electronic marker, to run on air obviously. Now I like to have the best, and I don't mind spending a few dollars to get it. I have looked at every thing from JT's markers to Angels, and as you all know, it is a big investment so I want to get as much info as I can before I do it. I have heard horror stories about how Auto Cockers are like Harley Davidsons, always breaking down. Is this true? Now I have also heard that Angels are very difficult to fix yourself if they go down. Is that true? Now I would like to get some recommendations from any one who cares to offer their opinion. Thank you.

RobJenkins

Watch this space!
Jul 6, 2001
Manchester, UK
Firstly autocockers are probably the most reliable markers out there. They simply don't go down. So if it works don't mess around with it, because they are abit complicated.

I don't really know much about angels, but what i've heard they're reliable, come with an excellent manual if things go wrong and have quality customer support if things go very wrong!

I am also at the stage where I am looking for a new marker and at the moment I'm edging towards an eclipse impulse. Having fired one previously, they are excellent, accurate, fast and simple.

But I must say the new e-blade for the cocker might make me change my mind. And it looks sweet.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but you really have to try the markers out before you buy. Every one will have different opinions but its wether it suits you or not

Hope this helps
Rob

Silverjay UK

Boss Hog
Feb 18, 2002
York, UK or Switzerland
Budget!

What is your budget?

I would recommend an Impulse Vision in the mid range or (of course!) an E-Mag Xtreme if you've got the dosh. I've just sold my Angel and Cocker as a result of playing with it.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
As Rob says, you really have to try them out as it's very much down to personal taste & what you get on with. You'll perform better with a lower level marker that you get on with rather than the very best out there if it just doesn't suit you personally.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
Originally posted by RobJenkins
Firstly autocockers are probably the most reliable markers out there. They simply don't go down. So if it works don't mess around with it, because they are abit complicated.

Rob
I don't know if I would go as far as to say they are the most reliable. Cockers are good when they are tuned right but the slightest movement from being tuned makes them a nightmare. Being complicated it becomes a head ache in the long run.

My advice if you want electro and like cockers take a look at the Race Gun. If you want a flat out electro look at what the industry has to offer. Go to a major tourney where manufactures are showing off what they have and ask to shoot them. Find the one you like most and go from there.:D

Northy_Delta

stop bitchin start playin
Aug 5, 2002
Harrogate AKA Toytown
Visit site
personally i would say an vision impulse, in my view they are fast, reliable and look very nice. Though a lot of people go for cockers, as Rooster mentioned they can be a nightmare when it comes to trigger pull and timing. But if its set up correctly they can be sweet, eg. evolution X autococker, very nice.
Northy.
Delta

hybrid77

Aug 4, 2002
Visit site
matrixes are very nice, like a mix between shocker and angel
personally i like gz's i shot one very nice fits me small profile liht wieght accurate and quick and it has a nice clean feel to it

angels very nice cool looking, and they are very reliable. plus if your on a circuit you shouldn't have trouble finding someone to fix it on the spot (goes for a lot of guns too.) but angels and matrix's are really the top dog i think nowadays

p8nt

Jul 9, 2001
Louisiana
Visit site
go with whatever feels best...

But I would recommend either an IR3, any other angel, or a GZ Timmy. They both are really reliable and shoot extremely fast. These markers mow.

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
new style shocker,
weighs less than an evo with race,
fires fast, straight, accurate
is less of a gas hog
comes with max flow and freak barrel

all in all a good buy