Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Impulse to buy?

RJHatto

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
:confused: I'm looking to get an Impulse with vision but dont know what is the best type. Which is pound for pound the best? Eclipse,Meteor,Demonic? I have heard of Toxic and Nasty but can not find these anyware. If anyone can help it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks
Rick

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Also have a look at the Voodoo (direct from Smart Parts Europe) or the Freak factory. If you've got the money to spend on a tricked out Impulse, these 2 rock.

PaintballBudgie

Stroke the badge Kenneth!
Toxic, etc, you will probably only find in the States, may get a good deal if you look on www.ebay.com I saw a nice orange/magma fade one there.

if you can get any contact at all from Meteor you are a better man than me. I emailed them several times, even in french but no joy!

Alternatively buy a basic Vision and upgrade with the best bits from all of them.

elrikos

Jan 22, 2002
High Wycombe
Visit site
i'd say that the eclipse is pretty damn good. if your at temple tomorrow then come find me (rich from pompey uni (were marshalling) and you can have a go with mine.
cheers
rich

Mike (Exodus)

Where's me cheese?
Nov 9, 2001
Manchester
I've had an Eclipse for about 8 months. Not had a single problem with it. Some of the other custom Impulses do offer slightly better value for money but you can't fault the build quality or reliability. Besides, you can always chop and change a few bits if you fancy something different.

I've just put a HSW I-Frame on mine and I doubt if there's anything around that can shoot any faster.

Whatever you choose I doubt you'll be disapointed.

If looks aren't tooooo important then there's no point in buying any of the custom Impys... Most of them offer little or no performance gain and almost all of the custom parts are available seperately. Some of the custom versions make the Impy LESS gas efficient because they have lightened the internals too much. My opinion is that the best setup is a standard Impy with a few new internal bits (a solenoid optimser and delrin bolt), possibly the Low Pressure Reg mod, a decent trigger and a decent barrel (freak)... put all of those together and you will have a rocking gun for a much better price than most customs.

Then again, if you are a marker tart like most of us 'ballers :) then go for it... get a custom, the Adrenaline is bound to be something special and the RAT looks great.

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
Kieran, you seem to know your **** when it comes to impy's.....

My Freak Factory has a Delrin bolt, Ti pull pin, Delrin valve, and im not sure what my hammer and hammer shaft is, (the ram shaft is silver and the ram is black)...

Could i experience efficiency problems with this setup?

RJHatto

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Sorry I'm just trying to get into electro's. Impulse/ground Zero/Dragon intimidator are my carefully narrowed down choices.
I'm just getting all the stats and misc BS togather before I cut a check. Ask some of the kind people that answered my questions.I have a feeling they would know.:D

Originally posted by Walker (PsychoPimps)
Kieran, you seem to know your **** when it comes to impy's.....

My Freak Factory has a Delrin bolt, Ti pull pin, Delrin valve, and im not sure what my hammer and hammer shaft is, (the ram shaft is silver and the ram is black)...

Could i experience efficiency problems with this setup?
You might well have efficiency probs with that.. I think (not sure) that the FF hammer is lightened to start with so overall your internal weight is bl00dy light... are u having problems with it? If u want a more indepth rundown on those sorts of problems drop me an email mate (addy in my sig)

Walker (Nitro)

Who's Maria?
Jul 8, 2001
SoNotts
im not getting many shots per fill, about 500 for 3000psi....

shall i use the standard bolt instead of the delrin? also what should i do about the internals?