Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which Inline reg.

Dazzer13

Uber User
Oct 16, 2002
Southwest, Exeter
WHICH one ???

Looking at getting a new Reg and bottle. But which reg, is there any difference between these products.

2004 Conquest regulator only (4500psi)

or

Max-flo inline 4500psi

They're are around the same price but is there anys pros or cons that i would need to be aware of.

or is there something else thats on the market.

Cheers

Daz

L J

big big titties
in my opinion, you should go for a screw in preset

they are awesome, they're light and small. Also for the same reason im trying to get all my team to move to them, if a marker goes down and you have a spare, all you do is unscrew your air system and screw it into the spare, this saved us a couple of men down at campaign.

the one i have is the lightest i have felt (ive seen/felt them all, including PMI, nitroduck, pro toyz etc)
its the hyperflow, seen here: http://www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk/acatalog/Fill_Stations__guages_and_regulators.html

it also seems to be the cheapest to me

if your heart is set on one of the 2 you listed, then go for the conquest, its the lightest, its not made by SP and generally better workmanship, macdev are the daddies of air:cool:

p.s. they arent inline regs, they are Regs. inline regs are usually the ones used as a foregrip, unless you have a dual reg like th new maxflo

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
I love the Conquests to bits - and they're often lighter than a preset with the additional hardware needed to mount one. I hated the size of the old Max flos but the new inline ones have mostly fixed that. Both '04 Conquest and Max Flo can be used without a secondary reg if you want (most other regs can't.)

However (assuming you're looking for a reg to use on an Angel) presets are much cheaper, less to go wrong, less maintenance. And if the whole team uses presets, they're quicker and easier to swap in a hurry if either reg or marker goes down.

As long as the front grip regulator (the minireg on an Angel) does its job properly, there is no point spending lots of extra cash on a fancy adjustable reg. I work out the difference to be about 4-5 boxes of paint :)

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Have to say a preset is the way forward.

Ditched my adjustable ages ago and haven't looked back.
Angel air preset with a mac dev gladiator inline is running my impulse lovely. Very consistent, ultra reliable and pretty cheap too!!!

Angel preset with bottle was £169 from LPS, gladiator from Mac dev direct with 2 spares kits, posted was about $120 ( £60)