Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which marker should I upgrade to?

Elliott Davies

Paradox UK
Dec 29, 2013
West Midlands
Hi folks, new to the forum so after some advice. Currently using a bravo one marker mainly used for woods ball but looking to take a different direction and try tournament paintball. What marker would you recommend? Something that's not going to mean selling a kidney. Quite like the look of the Etha so any opinions on that will be appreciated. Thanks :)

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
So a couple of questions
What budget are you working to?
How often are you going to play?
What other kit do you have?

Where are you based? As one way to try different markers is to attend a walk on, most players would let you test fire to see if you like a particular marker etc

Elliott Davies

Paradox UK
Dec 29, 2013
West Midlands
Looking to spend no more than £300 or there about. Play every 3 to 4 weeks atm and have all kit. As I say currently using a bravo one with remote air line
Thanks

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
I have an etha and I have to say it's an awesome gun. But I've never used another gun other than the Sh**e you can rent at paintball fields.
Super easy to maintain.
But you could get an Etha for just shy of £200? An Axe with Redline would be at the top end of your budget. Or for a bit higher that your budget you could probably pick up a decent Ego 11.
Depends what you want really.
My Etha will probably be up for sale soon. I fancy a change.

shoaibaktar

Jun 14, 2011
Alex d is right.Before you think about which gun ,you have to find what you like poppet(Planet Ego,s) spool,(DM Geo Axe).As mentioned go to a walk on, scenario chat to players about their guns and ask to try .Watch the many gun reviews on U Tube. As a general rule the 3 yr old "latest marker " will have all the bells and whistles you ever need. Whereas the budget guns although younger dont always have the same degree of adjustment. I have seen a DM9,going for about your budget and minus a few tweeks it is basically the same gun as the 13. the same is true of the planet guns Ego and Geo series. In the name of fairness All the big name guns with a few years to take them down to your budget will perform more than adequately.Try before you buy is the best advice and bear in mind all the top brand guns can be Techd for free at big scenario,CPPS and Millenium (Campaign) events .

Elliott Davies

Paradox UK
Dec 29, 2013
West Midlands
Thanks guys. Have done a lot of research on the etha and asked a fair few people there opinion and they all say it's a fantastic gun. When do you think you will have yours up for sale and what price would you be looking.
Thanks again guys.

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys. Have done a lot of research on the etha and asked a fair few people there opinion and they all say it's a fantastic gun. When do you think you will have yours up for sale and what price would you be looking.
Thanks again guys.
So I own a variety of markers including Ethas... so I'm not trying to advise against it. For the price, it is very good, but do remain open minded about other options. You will see Ethas regularly coming up for 220-250

You didn't mention where you played... and it is important to highlight that you may not be able to use a marker with an electronic trigger on punter days (if you continue to play on the monthly basis you mentioned). Are you attending walkons or punter days?

As has been said for your price point, you could be looking at on older marker that has more features but not as new as the Etha. For various reasons I would recommend PE markers, but you might want to also consider the Ego and Geo Platforms. Both of these come with a display which does make it easier to change settings rather than the LEDs

Elliott Davies

Paradox UK
Dec 29, 2013
West Midlands
Sorry missed that. I okay around the West Midlands. Npf, wolverhampton and redditch. I attend punter normally but have done a few Walk ons. As I say looking more towards the direction of tournaments now so want a gun with good fast trigger response ect.

alexd

Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
You should check if on the punter days you will be able to use the Etha, some sites might say no as it can present an unfair advantage against the other customers!

So I 'd suggest getting to the NPF Diamond Wars, you will see most markers there. Plus you will likely meet players who are also playing tournament. They will be able to offer you an insight, answer your questions

The only issue I see you facing is that you buy the Etha and then decide you want to upgrade again...to say an Ego or Geo when you get more involved in tournies etc. So it might be worth just holding off until you've had the chance to try a few