Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which mask

Cornelius

Apr 11, 2012
Hey, I'm pretty new to paintball and I'm wanting to upgrade my mask to a better one. I quite like the look of the I3's, I4's and the sly profit but I'm not sure which one to get. I do have kind of a wide-ish jaw, is this something to take into account?
Any advice on which mask to get?

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
The best way is to try on someone elses all masks are different and bought some blind in the past and hated them

Reactions: beanbag83

Dr Fingers

They don't tell me nothin
Feb 1, 2009
Dunedin, New Zealand
Hey, I'm pretty new to paintball and I'm wanting to upgrade my mask to a better one. I quite like the look of the I3's, I4's and the sly profit but I'm not sure which one to get. I do have kind of a wide-ish jaw, is this something to take into account?
Any advice on which mask to get?
Tried i4s and have similar jaw shape, going on your description. Never felt like they gave my jaw enough cover. My son is now wearing i4s and they are fine for his shaped face. Following a friends recommendation I tried Grillz and haven't played in anything else since. I wear JTs for marshalling. Might be worth looking at the new Empire JT style goggles.
Good advice to try before you buy.
Rich

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Profits are alright if you don't have to wear them for more than 20 minutes at a time - they really are designed for speedball, and seeing as I have a fairly large face they fit ok. If you're planning on wearing the gogs for long periods of time then I would steer well away from the Profits. Have you considered some Save Phaces? They've been reccomended to me and after trying some on at NvS I'm saving up for them.

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
I agree with emisnug.... i had profits and they were always fogging, 20mins the first time but after then 5 mins max before they fogged again. I would reccomend grills (with a thermal lense), I4's or events..... all great masks in my opinion.......

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
Bullseye... I had that problem until I removed the little rain protector + the chinstraps, so no more fogging. But they are pretty uncomfortable!

Bullseye

Non-linear
Feb 25, 2011
Derby
Thats the first thing i did mate, but still fogged. A team mate also had a pair and he had the same problem..... Though i must note that i found them really comftable and loved the look of them

desponge

weekend warrior
Aug 6, 2003
Darlington
personal preference m8, best thing to do is get yourself to a local event with walk ons or even a tournament, explain your situation and most experienced players should happily let you try on their masks (i let people try my masks all the time), try different masks and make sure you get the name of the masks so you know what your dealing with and most important.....pick the mask thats most comfortable, not because its cheaper or somone says its the best, this is your eyesight not theirs and your wearing them not them.....hope this helps.....:D

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
personal preference m8, best thing to do is get yourself to a local event with walk ons or even a tournament, explain your situation and most experienced players should happily let you try on their masks (i let people try my masks all the time), try different masks and make sure you get the name of the masks so you know what your dealing with and most important.....pick the mask thats most comfortable, not because its cheaper or somone says its the best, this is your eyesight not theirs and your wearing them not them.....hope this helps.....:D
Totally agree, everyone's different. Try before you buy is the best way to go, personally I love grills, I find them really comfy but others disagree.