Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why are Dynasty IR3's fitted with ACE

Problem

Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
Mods, feel free to move if I put this in the wrong place.

I know Russian Legion have a long tradition of Angel LCD's with ACE antichop kits (their website even discusses it), and there are a still in use.

But if you look closely at recent Dynasty photos (Lang), it appears an IR3 has the ACE 'bandaids' on either side and is fitted with the ACE system.

Does anyone know?
Larry

Bobvannes

Sandbagger
Oct 6, 2002
USA
Visit site
Because COPS has long since proven not to work.

The cover with Lanche isn't an IR3, it is an LCD. Glenn is the one doing the eyes out of the warped sportz in LA.

Problem

Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
The Russian Legion website is mostly in cyrillic and you'll either need to be able to read it or use a translator, here' s the URL concerning the ACE: http://www.russianlegion.ru/Upgrade/angel2.

Is it that COPS doesn't work, or is the COPS / ACE combination somehow both being used by the software to detect the ball?

Does anyone know for sure?

Larry

shwoomie

Trivoga Baby!
Feb 26, 2003
Finland
www.trivoga.com
why use cops that doenst do anything but slow yuor rof? specially if you got a fool proof ACE system in it? and the eye is a trasmitter/receiver like every other other eye (xcept vision and e-blade) !

just to be simple in the end....no..the software doesnt use cops!

NulodPBall

Dec 26, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Originally posted by Problem
Is it that COPS doesn't work, or is the COPS / ACE combination somehow both being used by the software to detect the ball?

Does anyone know for sure?

Larry
===

Well, I had a long post on this subject on another board, but the dumb board erased my copy of it 'cause I took too long and cookies weren't allowed on my harddrive. Here's a shorter version:

As Shwoomie mentioned, if the COPS isn't set right, it can actually slow down the gun 'cause it can't sense the apparently lighter balls in the batch (my assumption...maybe the balls are bobbling). Some of the Dynasty guys experienced this problem and I'm assuming tried adjusting the COPS but found that the optic eye was more reliable with less adjusting. The new eye replaces the COPS system and piggybacks onto the existing board.
I believe the ACE system is actually based in the U.K. but marketed in the U.S.
The guy on the cover is Glen and yes he's not with Dynasty anymore (someone said he was) and hasn't been for 2003.
I have always maintained that I, personally can't play a tournament with a non-E_gun...I need the eye, and the reliability of the E-trigger. With sadness, I retired my STO to backup-gun status permanently after playing in the rain and having my gun mess up at extremely critical times due to either mud/dirt/water &/or just plain water. Let's just say that I believe that we lost a game because my gun had a mechanical trigger, and my STO is one of the most reliable 'cockers around. I find it amusing to see that other people kinda share my viewpoint.

Ray