Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

why are walk-ins so expensive

avituk

UK Angel Owner
reality check

i am an army cadet instructor and have found that because the army recruiting teams use paintball as one of their many activities on the DTE (defence training estates) they will set up a big bouncey castle tent and use it as a range or use a valley and do CQB (close quarter battle). Due to this the big people at the top of the MOD had to write some standing orders up for this. Me being nosey decided to have a look at these and found hundreds of safety issues and i do mean lots. The one i found really funny was that wrote in black and white it said that paintballs were filled with powder.
I spent the next 3 weeks trying to tell them that the paperwork they had wrote was a load of rubbish.
They told me that i could use the area for my own paintball site and i would just have to pay them a small fee.
Which i was i little interested in but i'm not now.

What i'm trying to say to you here mr piggy is that if you want to play paintball go to any site of your choice weather it be a rental or walk on site and thats it.

Paintball sites are there for a reason. The organisers spend years getting things sorted out and making the sport as safe and enjoyable as possible.

If you want to do something with about 8 people in a wood on private land then try airsoft as that is the new outlaw in england and i can tell you i'm never gonna just rock up in some woods and play unless i know that there is a good action safety plan and insurance policy for playing the sport of paintball involved.

Sorry i just had to say this as i can see you just wante to enjoy yourself but leave it to the professionals mate.

Jim

okay i see.

i wasnt refering to playing 'outlaw' on public land. but a get together on private woodland.

as for saftey, i total understand where all of you are coming from. so i am definatly in no hurry to do anything like this.

but if i did do this it would not exceed 8 people and if it did there would be a designated marshall.
there would be somone in charge, who would regulate, and ensure everyone stuck strictly to standard saftey rules.

i was not considering doing this anytime soon, as i am fairly new to paintballing, and do not feel confident that i could ensure 100% saftey that is maintained at an official PB field.

so what do you chaps think about it, providing the following:

-its on private land
-there is less than 10 people
-there is somone in charge who has done a Pb 'marshaling' course, to ensure safe play.
-standard/official PB saftly rules are applied, and anyone to fails to follow them is to be banned from play.

i see the logic in all the paintball rules/regulations, and i hate seeing idiots ignoring tham at PB fields

but as i said before, i dont plan on doing this anytime soon.

thanks for the advice everyone
have a nice day:D

Actually there are no laws to stop you playing on your own land.
But we dont know you or your character, so nobody is going to make that recommendation.

There are some massive safety and common sense issues.

The UKPSF has a long list of highly recommended safety guidelines which you should read up on.
The main one is that you should play in an area which makes sure no paintballs are found outside your land.

Secondly safety. Paintball is a safe sport when played sensibly.

A marshall isnt really needed.
What is needed is for the people you are playing with to be sensible and controllable.
Again we dont know the people you plan to play with in order to make that judgement.

If something happened the land owner would be ultimately responsible.

Just remember, its all fun and games till someone loses a wang.

The Luggage

Feb 11, 2009
The Darkside
Playing on private land is fine if you can be 100% sure that no member of the public is going to be "just walking the dog" in there, as a Skirmish marshall, only the other night i went up to our site with some other marshalls and found a chap wandering through the private woods "watching the wildlife," thankfully we spotted him before we started playing.

Very few paintball sites will allow anyone to use their own markers on customer days as it can lead to arguments from the other team, they see you with a bright shiny blue gun and think you are using them for target practice, we even get arguments over our guns as some have a front grip and some dont, sites also get a bad reputation as a site allows "pro's" (no matter how good you are) to practice on inexperienced paying customers, hence having walkon days.

Most sites have walkon days at least once a month with a green fee of about £15 - £20 and paint being sold a about £25 - £30 a box, from past experience there's usually someone who wants a couple of extra bags of paint after lunch and not want to buy a full box, if not any unopened bags will keep well in the right conditions for a few weeks or next walk on, a nice warm dry place, constent temprature, etc, bit like a hamster.

Most walkons will play more games than the average punter day as games are often faster and players switch ends, so you might find you use a little more paint than you thought.

Hope this helps

DBiggaFigga

SPS - First 9
Mar 27, 2009
East London
Holmbush is not to far from you mate and they do a pump walk on if your interested in that. But as the guys have said just take the hit with your initial walk on and buy a case and if you really don't shoot much you will have plenty of paint left over to bring to your next game where you won't need to buy any paint.

In the long run it is much cheaper than playing punter prices!