Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Why don't the Euros play Division One X-Ball?

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
For the teams that could wasn't the point of Euro X to get a foot in the door and not be left behind? Barring that why not play the PSP's Division One X-Ball? Not the same level of competition across the board but it would be alot of experience with the format. Anybody planning on giving it a try?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
I'm wondering if this is what the Russian Legion are going to do? Since they aren't on the list for the NXL...

I hope to see RL stay and play in Europe, AND go over to the states and kick arse.

If they don't do X-ball at the PSP then they could do very well in the Super 7 and the Millennium.... same format and all...

Could this finally be RL's years to dominate all over the World at 7 man? There could be few better opportunities. :)

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Good Point Buddha and Baco...

I think those points cancel each other out :)

It won't be easy with Strange and Dynasty about (heard some rumours about Dynasty lately also but will keep shtum as not sure of my sources).

But if they do beat Strange and Dynasty it's still a good level for RL. After all they are two of the best 7 man and 10 man teams going.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Maybe :(

But within their format they would be the greatest?

And they are competing against teams that were the greatest at that level so the level hasn't dropped. Just not so many teams competing at that level?

I don't think it will be long before new teams step up to greatness...

Ok so who wants to be in my new Euro Super team? We will play X-ball when the chance comes (maybe next year ;) ) and Millenniums and USA until then... ;) :D

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Yeah, but don't you think that having less of the greats around (meaning they'll play more games against teams of a lower level), will ultimately lower their level?
Depends on whose playing Div 1 X-Ball doesn't it? Look at your regular Mil tourney format--RL or Nexus play prelims--not all against top competition. Not typically until semis and finals are you playin' the best (read: American teams:)) So Div 1 X doesn't have the cream of the crop, if it's got the second level isn't that still gonna be better playing in format than a mixed bag elsewhere out of format? Seems a fair question.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Sergei's Russian Legion ain't gonna be playing X-Ball in no second division X-Ball if they can't get in the league with SC, Shock, All AMs and Co.
I talked to him on Sunday and he ain't decided what he's doing yet and is going to let me know as soon as he has.
I think he will more than likely pick and choose between Super 7's and Millenniums if he can't hook up with the X-Ball Premier League Stateside.
I am rapidly losing my faith in this mob over here in the Millennium and from them being at the forefront of tournament promotion, small time thinkng and lack of committment has sentenced us to a year's stagnation.
We look fools, and cheap fools at that !!!
Pete