Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will Mag's get fully banned in the UK

rob_evanson

Veni Vidi Vici
Jul 27, 2001
Cheshire, England
www.teamquestpaintball.co.uk
Ok my subject might be a bit misleading, but I think that I'm right in saying that because of the way that you can "bounce" the trigger on RT, E-Mags and X-Mags they have been banned from some events in the US, and at the last tourney Bully did he did request that people with Mags try and keep a lid on their trigger bounce and the marshals were to keep a close eye on them also.

Now many marshals are picking up Impy's and Angels and slapping them, shaking them and doing all sorts to test them for bounce and in some cases succeeding, that the most notorious of all markers for bouncing might get ruled out over here in the UK.

I'm only asking because I'm thinking of going back to the good old Mag but I don't want to get one only to be told that I can't use it because of it's ability to bounce.

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Mags are usually picked on as 'Trigger Bounce' examples because of the RT valves ability, when fed with high enough input pressure, to 'sweet-spot' or 'run-away' (I.e. continuely shoot with your finger held in one place on the trigger)
The solution to this problem is surprisingly simple - either turn your input pressure down (as I do), or in the case of E- or X-mags, remove the trigger rod and shoot in Electronic Mode only.

As with any Marker - if you set it up correctly, you won't have a problem:)

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by MrPink
............ or in the case of E- or X-mags, remove the trigger rod and shoot in Electronic Mode only.

As with any Marker - if you set it up correctly, you won't have a problem:)
But then you can't chrono correctly!

Paul
:)

D

duffistuta

Ban all the black and white bassas now, get rid of the lot.

Oh sorry, you meant Automags...

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by MrPink
Don't stir Paul - you've read the threads on AO about this, at lower input pressures the 'shoot-up' effect is negligable:)
define negligable...... if 301fps is not allowed on the field and 299 is where do we draw the line with negligable???

Paul

P

Phil

Originally posted by rob_evanson
Ok my subject might be a bit misleading, but I think that I'm right in saying that because of the way that you can "bounce" the trigger on RT, E-Mags and X-Mags they have been banned from some events in the US, and at the last tourney Bully did he did request that people with Mags try and keep a lid on their trigger bounce and the marshals were to keep a close eye on them
I don't think Mr Bull has anything to do with the rules he lets Russell handle all that sort of thing and i am pretty sure he has no plans to ban any gun at all but he has said reguarding mags that he will check them at the chrono in all modes.
He checked it out with John Bonich and he said thats fine with him.

Scotty D

Too serious by half
Feb 2, 2002
Kinross. Scotland
Visit site
new trigger system

Apparently AGD are working on a new trigger system to cut out trigger bounce totally. But the down side of this is, that because there is so little feedback from the trigger it makes it easier to fluff shots.
Check out the AO forum. The triger is part of the ULE range.

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
Scotty - the ULT is designed to give a near-electro trigger pull to a mechanical 'Mag. The RT effect has not been fully addressed yet, but as I said earlier, turning down the input pressure effectively reduces the RT effect to stop 'bounce'

Originally posted by Paul_collier
define negligable...... if 301fps is not allowed on the field and 299 is where do we draw the line with negligable???

Paul
By negligable, I mean that if you Chrono @ 290-295 (like most people) then the shoot-up will be (from my personal tests) 2-3 FPS, leaving you still below the limit:)

This is of course using good paint (Thanks Severe;) )