Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Woodsball hoppers

Blue Beanie

I <3 Summer!!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
Devon
I am looking for a good second hand woodsball hopper and have been recomended halo and empire b2
which is better
or r there any others
cheers cool3108

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Never understood the idea of "woodsball" equipment. Mostly, in the way of guns, it seems mostly to be outdated technology dressed up to look like military kit and thus ending up heavy and unweildy!
As such, any hopper could be used in the woods, though you may not choose white or red shells! On a budget, a Halo or Reloader B for £25-40 secondhand is theway to go, if you have a little money, a Rotor is a fantastic loader, and available in some camo'ish finishes.
Halo uses eyes to sense the paint moving, where as the reloaders series uses sound activation to hear the gun fire and feed. The B is adjustable for speed, whereas the B2 allows you adjust the speed, sound sensitivity and the turn the stack tension monitoring on/off.
Personally I own a pair of reloader B2s, and have used the B and a stock Halo. All excellent hopper, but the Reloaders are slightly more user friendly in that they never fail to feed (the Halo has issues with some paint colours) and the LEDs make it clearer when they are on or off. The B2 edges it over the B as the B needs to be switched on somewhere quiet to allow the sound sensitivity to set itself - if you switch it on somewhere noisy it can fail to feed.

FirebirD

Grade 'A' Chump
Jun 22, 2006
Dorset
As far as i know the main differences between the Halo and Reloader is that the reloader is sound activated whilst the Halo isnt :) I dont know if there are any other differences as i've personally only used a halo once when i needed a hopper for a game :)

Mclovin101

Apr 3, 2008
As far as i know the main differences between the Halo and Reloader is that the reloader is sound activated whilst the Halo isnt :) I dont know if there are any other differences as i've personally only used a halo once when i needed a hopper for a game :)
If you get a b2 board there are so many differences mic settings motor settings and a few more. Have a read up on them

WihGlah

Autococker Tech
Jul 19, 2009
Oxford
Never understood the idea of "woodsball" equipment. Mostly, in the way of guns, it seems mostly to be outdated technology dressed up to look like military kit and thus ending up heavy and unweildy!
I agree. Woodsball / Milsim / Scenario equipment is a fallacy.

A cheap Halo B / V35 / Reloader as previously mentioned will be more than adequate - but then so will a prophecy a Pulse or a Rotor.

I play mainly woodsball and I can promise you, the milsim guys always get beat by the guys shooting DM9's, NT's and Ego's atc.

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
Check out the invert halo II aswell, similar to the B2 being sound controlled, finished in matt black and comes fitted with an anti jam freeway (upgrade part on reloaders and halos).

New around £55, used around £35 (if you can find them)

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
If you can find a cheap Halo/Reloader B2, there are B2 upgrade mits going on Ebay for about £11 posted

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Vlocity (full size & junior) are a good feeder, although aftermarket chips give better feed setting options over stock. You can get woodsball friendly camoflage shells for them too.