The Home Of European Paintball

Worth it?

Calavera

Ignorance Is Bliss
Sep 5, 2002
UK - Essex
Visit site
Howdy

I recently purchased a second hand marker and wanted a opinion on wether it was worth it. This is my first marker and wanted something reliable so I went for an inferno.

It is an inferno heat with blue anodising.
Bottom line
Small expansion chamber
Double Trigger
Black Eclipse Drop forward

It also came with the original barrel and some xtra stuff like:
A 12 inch DYE Xcel barrel
Evolution electric hopper and a basic gravity fed viewloader hopper.
20oz gas canister

This is only the stuff I can think of but from what I have written above what do you think this gun is really worth. Oh and its 6 months old and it DOES work.

Thanx

nickp

Feb 27, 2002
Manchester, UK
teamrdx.co.uk
It depends how much you paid for it....

Inferno's are a good starter marker, they are reliable and quite robust... if you like it, and are happy with then it was worth the money

Nick

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
If it was free then it was worth it, if it was £50 it was worth it, if it was £500 then it wasn't worth it......get the hint you do kinda need to say what you paid for it to get a proper answer :)

Calavera

Ignorance Is Bliss
Sep 5, 2002
UK - Essex
Visit site
my mistake. I take the time to write a post and forget the real details, big mistake.

I've ended up paying £200.

I got a feelin that I'm gonna look back on this thread so time soon and people like you will be telling me how I paid way to much, and i'll b kicking myself.

But it seems alright and I've seen the gun in action so opinions please.

Calavera

Ignorance Is Bliss
Sep 5, 2002
UK - Essex
Visit site
deed i have seen the gun in action, the guy has a digital camera and sent me a short video clip of it shooting and how accurate it is. It looks accurate enough to me, wether or not its gonna fall apart in my hands, I'll have to wait and see.

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
Well I was checking out some basic markers for a mate on planet and I found a spyder victor combo (came with goggles/ bottle and gravity fed hopper) for £130+vat and then he could get the spyder electro gip for another £105+vat. So for £235+vat you could have pretty much that deal but an electric marker and all brand new so you decide if it was worth it. I have also heard good things about the spyder as a good starter marker as well.

Or you could have waited to see the site equipment for sale in classifieds...Infernos for £40 leaving you £160 to spend on extras.

Or you could have posted that you were looking for kit for around £200 and you could have got a few mags etc. or if you could go higher there may have been a few shockers or some guy had an impy for £250. You should have looked around first to see what else there was out there. I have lived and learned that experiance.

b0ned0me

Born to be Bald!!
Aug 9, 2001
Death Mountain
Visit site
Don't worry about it - enjoy your new toy

To be honest, what you could or couldn't have gotten is pretty much irrelevant. I got a mag for a bit more than what you paid, but last time I went to a site they wouldn't let me use it because it was a 'tournament level gun'. :mad: but they let a guy with a T3 (pretty similar to what you have) play because it was a pimped version of the site infernos.:)

End result, he had a much better gun than I did cos I was using a rental:p

On a forum like this you can always find crazy deals if you hang around long enough waiting for a team player to ditch kit they got off a sponsor or a rich git to clear out his cupboard but who wants to wait forever?

Lets see, you paid £200 which is what, 2-3 boxes at punter prices or 5 boxes at cheap? You'll shoot off more than that in your next few visits to your local woodland bruise emporium but you can revel in the joy of hitting what you're shooting at and it wont jam

If you paid your money, got a solid reliable easy to fix gun (which an inferno definitely is), and have a lot of fun using it then don't worry. There's always a better deal somewhere but in this case it just ain't worth worrying about...

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
Hey b0ned0me, I think it was you that I sold my mag too. Smartmag with full eclipse body kit and a max flow 1.1l airsystem, also dble trig 45 frame and 18" boomy. How is it going after this time? I still sometimes get nostalgic and want it back just because it was always so reliable, but then I pick up my new toy and think that it would be a waste of a great gun having it just sitting in my kit bag.

L8rz.