Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Would of...could of

Saris

Banned
Oct 21, 2003
#3 Devil's Advocate Bvd
Visit site
Please note that "would of" is not a valid construct in the English language.

There is an increasing tendency to attempt to type words in the same fashion as they sound.

e.g. I would of bought that if I knew it was going to be so cheap

Last time I looked, the word "have" is still alive and well in the OED. That's the Oxford English Dictionary for those of the text generation. No doubt I'll get flamed for stating the point, but please do bear in mind that any prospective employer would have the same issue - so in reality I'm giving advice which will help those concerned nail down a reasonably well paid long term job, and in turn increase their ability to buy paintballs

This is aside from people who spell would wud, could cud, and have av. Pressing keys ain't expensive. You wudn't buy a newspaper/magazine with such bad grammar (unless you are a UK Gruadian reader) so why should you expect others to take your internet point seriously?

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
Originally posted by Saris
This is aside from people who spell would wud, could cud, and have av. Pressing keys ain't expensive. You wudn't buy a newspaper/magazine with such bad grammar (unless you are a UK Gruadian reader) so why should you expect others to take your internet point seriously?
OOOOH, it was going so well, till that last paragraph. :p

yeah, if you are going to be so critical of others about spelling and grammar then you might want to get yours correct first, lol