The Home Of European Paintball

Wow. Haven't been on here for years...

VagabondStarJXF

Khaaaaaaaaannn!!!
Oct 29, 2004
Ceti Alpha 5
Visit site
... and hasn't the place changed! :)

(I'm not sure if this is in the right place but, if it's not, can the mods please move it to the right section for me, please? Thanks.)

Anyways... Long story short. I started paintballing in mid 2004 when I was unemployed and got kinda into it, as you do, but when I got a new job in Jan 2005 I ended up having more money but no time to play. I tried to get back into it in 2007 but that plan got aborted after a couple of walk-on days because I was so much less fit than I was in 2005. Then my shift days got changed (again) so that meant I couldn't go because I was working. Then I slowly dropped off the game over 2008/9. Now it's 2012 and I'm attempting (yet again) to get myself fit & healthy, get my marker projects rebuilt and/or completed (I'd left them all in parts), and get myself back on the road so that I can start playing again. I don't think anyone but me can really help with my health & fitness issues but I figured that this site (amongst other forums) would be great to get back into for advise on equipment (and to see what I've missed).

First up... Love the new site. How long ago did it change?

Rules & Laws: Anything changed in the last few years? Any laws I should be made aware of? Are we all now required to get an armored vehicle to safely transport our paintball gear from home to field? :ROFLMAO:

HPA tanks: Obviously mine are all out of date/test now. Is it still about £20-£30 to re-hydro? Or is it cheaper to buy new tanks? And I'm actually thinking of getting an extra large tank to run via remote. What's the largest available and where can I get it from?

Companies: What happened to all the brands I used to see before? AGD, WGP, KAPP, Check It Products, Smart Parts, etc. seem to have disappeared and I've even heard that Angel is going soon. What's going on? Who is still left out of the 'old' companies?

Markers: I still have my Spyders, Autocockers and Tippmanns. I know Spyders weren't really supported in the UK before (it appears that their design has changed recently too) so I'm not surprised I can't get support over here in the UK for them. Autocockers... well I still have Belsales! And the Tippmann A5 still seems to be well supported. I think my markers will be fine (if I can get them finished) but is it worth me getting a new marker? Will my old equipment keep up with the new? I'm going to have to stand my ground now that I can't run as fast as I used to. lol

Pump play: I want to play pump but, from what I remember, no one at my regular field uses a pump. Any advise for playing pump against semi-autos?

I think that's everything I can think of to ask right now but I'm sure I'll have more Q's as time rolls on. Thanks for reading, thanks for any help, and wish me luck as I try (again) to get back into paintball.

J.

Last edited:

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Pump against semi's is fine at a walk-on day as long as you're not obsessed with winning, spyders, autocockers and Tippmanns will do you fine at a walk-on and autocockers are enjoying a bit of a comeback at the moment (you could always import a pump kit for one of the cockers as a cheapish way into pump).

If you decide you're outgunned then £100 - £150 will get you a basic but completely practical secondhand electro for woodsball and mech autocockers seem to be selling for that kind of money at the moment.

I know LIPS do a test for about £35 - its on their website, but if you're only after a basic 3,000psi bottle it's not much more to buy new.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
We have changed twice since you've been away with this last change being done a month or so ago.
We have to move with the times as much as anyone and at the very least, it keeps the site looking and feeling fresh as against staying with a tired format and risk going stale.

We've got a lot more chnages coming when I get my frikkin finger out but all of the chnages we'll be doing will be for the betterment of our member's user experience on here.
I'm glad you put your head back in the door .......

VagabondStarJXF

Khaaaaaaaaannn!!!
Oct 29, 2004
Ceti Alpha 5
Visit site
Ok... so I missed WDP/Angel closing down. I guess the thread I read was an old one. What's happening to all these companies? Is the business world of paintball slowing down or something?

And is there anyone on here doing custom work? I need someone on here (and in the UK) with some good rep who can make me a replacement push-in feedneck for a Nightkast Stock Class project. There's someone in the US but I'm not really keen on sending my marker across the pond. Not unless I'm going over there... which I'm not... at least not yet! lol