Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

wtf is it with.............?

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
right

its come to my attention that people are low balling sellers so much now!

whats up with that!?

offering stupidly low prices, and in about 3 years when their grandma has died and the moon is in the right place!

people only want to buy stuff now if they are gettin a crazy deal!

and who's problem is it?

is it the sellers? for not holding their ground and having to let gats go for silly money because they have bills to pay etc?

or is it the constant badgering of the guys with the 100 buckeroos less than asking price!?

so ladies and gents....

YOUR THOUGHTS???!

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Personally I feel it's brought on by kids (sub 15) joining the forums, without any negotiation skills at all. They don't realise that someone actually had to pay a full price for that marker, and they probably don't know how much one would be new anyway.

They low ball because they don't really know what they're buyingh, hope in an off chance they'll get something for dirt cheap, and as they havn't got anything to get low-balled on, they don't know what loosing a few hundred quid feels like. In cases where we have people offing sub 400 quid for an few months old 05 speed, the swearing law needs to be overlooked.

:D

Yeah i'm afraid there r certain sellers out there that push the prices down down and down! There's several people selling gate etc constantly and they just seem to reduce there prices to get the quick sale.

If u ask me they are obviously getting the markers cheeper in the first place (mayb imports etc) and so r making money despite the low resale price!

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
Mario has hit the nail on the head.

I can imagine there were always offers made that were under the asking price, with the only difference being nowadays is the readiness for someone to accept such an offer.

You cant blame the buyer for wanting something for less; and ultimately the seller has the last say.

Im pointing my finger at the ION though for making people underestimate the value of their guns. For some reason people think there is a quality built marker for <£200 and expect the second hand prices to follow suit.

PaintballBudgie

Stroke the badge Kenneth!
If I get a marker for less than retail I can't expect to sell it for more than I paid for it.

There is a difference between full price as seen in shops and what I might pay from my sponsor. I don't make any money on any marker I sell on.

What annoys me is when you look for a marker you can get a feel for the right price. Eg, Angel 05 Speed, they go for between £400 and £500 depending on quality and desperation of the seller. Why offer people £300 its just rude.

Some sellers have bought the latest piece of kit and six months later its old hat. They expect more than its realistically worth. Technology moves on and resale values plummet. Fact of life.

For example , Alias's. Loads about for sale and price has gone through the floor. Still a good marker, but not in vogue at the moment.

Technolgy and fashion are what rules our industry.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
This is what happens when you stick a micro chip in something - 6 months later it's out of date/fashion. Therefore, demand goes down - so prices have to go down to try and win back some of the 'customers'. DVD players are a perfect current example of this. My old DVD player cost me over £200 and won't play copies - errr - I mean - back-ups. My new £25 from Sainsbury's plays everything!

SP have had a lot to do with marker prices going down with the introduction of the ION. Good on them. Do you think your PC would be so cheap these days if Amstrad hadn't brought theirs out - or even Sir Sinclair for bringing his sub £100 home computer out?

I can't believe people are complaining that prices are too low - when it is usually these low prices that encourage the younger generation to join our hobby (and make it survive!). Maybe we should all go back to £1,000 markers and 12p per ball - that'd kill paintball off straight away.

Fact of life - something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Even if that something is less than half what you paid in the first place (just like a 2nd hand car).

So, if you pay £800 for your new ego - but can only get £400 for it 2nd hand (unlikely I know - but this is an extreme example) - tough titties.

My speed '04 cost me over £400 'stock' 2nd hand - now I can get an '05 for the same money with all the extras I've had to pay more for. It stands me at about £700 (at least) but there is no way I could ever hope to sell it for that - unless you know something I don't...

Nickyboy

Jan 6, 2005
Sunny Bournemouth
Computers are different, the whole thing is technology going out of date, your markers chip is a tiny piece of the whole thing, and it's the body and parts which limit the output eventually, not the chip in the majority of cases. If you weighed up the whole thing you infact find a very small percentage going out of date after 6 months, in a computers case the whole thing is sliding.

Yes the PC would still be here if Amstrad didn't bring out theirs. Yes they would probably be as cheap. The ion is a skoda, so you expect BMW's to lower their price because a much cheaper to make car is sold for cheaper?

johnmassive

Spitfire Factory
Sep 5, 2004
Ion Noob
Rant over Raffles? Or do you enjoy typing nonsense?

We are banging on about being low balled. A good example of what Sick Pysko is saying is with Bush's post trying to sell a Speed05.

Why would and where has anyone complained about prices being too low? I assume your misinterprating the fact that people dont want to lose a lot of money when selling.