The Home Of European Paintball

wtf is it with.............?

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
The truth lies somwhere in the middle.

A few people ask too much for their gun in the first place, and just as Raffles says something is only worth what someone will pay, so when they post up £700 and people offer £500 he gets offended when it was actually his own price that was too high.

However, there are a lot of people who see a gun at a reasonable price of £500 and offer £300 on a flyer. That's just rude.

You also have threads where there is some post giving a stupid figure and then another saying it's sold, so readers think the lowballer got it, even though it was sold to a mate at a walk on.

Peoples expectations of guns are now also different. Why pay for the top draw guns that only 10% of players want. They want the Ion / Wrath type turn on and shoot, cheap as chips guns.

You also have fashion. Remember when the Ego came out the number of EBlades that suddenly popped up, or '05's when the G7 was released, there will always be a turnover.

So basically - you are both right :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
vicious circle, people put up higher prices expecting to be low balled, when they do eventually sell, they get the money they wanted in the first place.

everyone quite rightly wants to save as much as possible, but low balling can be quite insulting if you know you are asking a fair price in the first place.

kids are getting the money handed to them by mum and dad, so they don't appreciate the hard work that went into earning your much loved marker.

garycarrot

Apr 9, 2002
Durham, North East England
Visit site
Its a buyers market at the moment.

Lots of cheap cockers, because the ego came out...

Lots of cheap angels cause the G7 hit the streets....

Lots of cheap timmys, cause they are getting on a bit now....

Lots of cheap ion's cause they are cheap......

As a seller you can say no...and hope to find someone who is closer to your price...or take a lower offer!!!

The choice is yours..

dr.strangelove

PrematurelyPost-Traumatic
Sep 14, 2002
Earth
The main thing is that sellers are too stupid to engage in price fixing. When one moron decides to sell his brand new 05 Speed with 2 shots on it for $200, suddenly everybody expects this deal, and rather than stay firm and ask the appropriate price, every other seller thinks that he's never going to sell his gun unless he resorts to the same lunacy, so the value tanks. If everybody said, hey, here's a reasonable price, and they all stayed close to that figure, that's the price they'd go for. When buyers have no alternative, they have no choice but to pay what you ask or buy new. Now I'm not saying lets all band together and charge $50 less than a person could get one new for, but if sellers kept it reasonable instead of caving to the lowballers *bang* problem solved.

Chicago

Jan 31, 2005
Visit site
The reality is...

Used equipment isn't worth much. If you buy something new, expect get half of what you paid when you try and sell it uewd, if you're lucky. Why? Because if I can buy something new for $500, I'm probably not going to pay more than $250 or $300 for it used. Why? WEll, for $200 more, I could get a brand new gun, that is exactly the gun I want, with exactly the colors I want, with a warranty, without having to risk paying someone I don't know for a gun that may never come.

Remember that the price for new equipment doesn't just include the equipment, it includes getting exactly what you want, and the convenience of buying it froma reputable seller.

Also, supply and demand folks: If lots of people are selling equipment, but nt many people are buying, you'll just have to take what you can get.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
also, who actualy pays retail?
:)

Other than a first time buyer, that is.

If you get low balled, ignore them. Simple. It's worth low balling for the one in a hundred that gets a bite isn't it?

And, if you pay £1200 for a marker new, some of that is needless bling...... great when it's new, but once it's got a couple of months on it, no one wants to pay the extra... it may be a tricked up nexus whatever right now, but second hand it's just another E-blade.

Oh, and don't forget those players selling sponsored kit that's been replaced...... they may be selling it for a lot less than retail, but still more than they payed for it. :)