Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wuss Professional Paintballers

mccartneydave

Sep 4, 2001
Orem, UT
Visit site
Sup all
I haven't checked P8ntballer for a while but I like what they have done to their site. It has got to be one of the best on the internet. As I was browsing through and reading all of the Interviews I have made my mind up that all of the Pros out there regardless of their nationality are pansies.
Here's why.....
1. This is most important if not the best reason for pros being wusses
Imagine if you will a newbie team all of which have fully automatic guns. It doesn't matter which Shocker, Angel whatever. Stick them in an arena with normal ballers and the newbies will have quite the upper hand. I think that in a lot of ways the tournaments have evolved as well as technology in the paintball field. But if anyone who knows how to pull a trigger has an automatic gun you can do what I like to call hiding behind your gun.:mad:
The field may be level if everyone else has the same type of equipment but when there is an inconvenience to overcome such as that of a slower firing rate that would force the individual to be a better shot is different.

2. This may be quite insulting to some pro's if any do care about paintball
Corporate sponsorship is huge.....
In the real world of paintball most have just backyard games going on. But for all of the Rec Baller's out there who are like me imagine if you will getting top of the line stuff for free! In today's society Corporate sponsorship is natural but not a bad thing. But for all of the practice paint you could get it couldn't be hard to be good at laying paint out in an area with your automatic gun. I do realize that some of the pros do work several jobs and my hat is off to them for all of them for the sacrifice to spread the sport of paintball. And I think perhaps all of us myself included would accept an offer for sponsorship. Yet again free practice time with free quality paint, free paint and free gear ohh well you get the idea. What real gear is. Semi-Automatic guns that you have worked hard for. A decent barrell to work with. Quality mask. Camoflauge clothing. Paint that breaks because PMI premium is crap so you have to learn a skill of quickly squeeging out a barrell in the heat of a crossfire.

3. Many of the fields with which the pros compete are man-made inflated garbage.
Whatever happened to the enviornment paintball grew up in? Forests with mud, thorns, dead stuff, snapping twigs, and other things that make you say ---- when you are through. The videos of the tournaments are fun to watch and it is full of action till the last two people are left. But anybody could go and be acustomed to the field in 5 seconds. Outdoors requires ballers to always be alert for snipers and look for someone to jump out of the trees.

I may have offended a lot of people but big deal. I really doubt that a Punk from Utah can shake up a lot of cages but I guess we'll see. My hat is off to the teams that have learned to communicate and work as one but some day.......:cool:

If you have made up your mind then...

... there is no point rying to change it, however I just can't let this go by.

Most intelligent people don't open their mouths before they know what the hell they are talking about.

1) Pros/Tournament players do play withe semi autos not fully auto guns. Actually the only times I ever hear of fully auto guns being used are in large rec-ball scenario games.

2) Most tourney players do use equal equipment - Angels/Impulses/Shockers/any electro, can put out the same amount of paint. Just because some players (probably less than 2% at the recent Campaign cup) show up with mags & spyders doesn't mean it's unfair. It just means they are beginners and I guarantee you that once they get more experience they will join the electro players.

3) Corporate sponsorship is not huge!! Very few tourney players get free gear/paint - again at the Campaign Cup there where 110 teams and probably only 10-20% receive anything completely free. DON'T BE A HATER - just because others want to spend more money on their gear, and feel that they need more than "Semi-Automatic guns that you have worked hard for. A decent barrell to work with. Quality mask. Camoflauge clothing. Paint that breaks because PMI premium is crap so you have to learn a skill of quickly squeeging out a barrell in the heat of a crossfire. "

I have personally bought more than my share of gear in the past 3 years - goggles, clothes, packs,pots, and yes both of my Angels. It just means I prioritize my tourney playing over spending money on beer or other crap. I pay for my own practice paint & I pay for my tourney playing (my budget this year for my playing is close to 5000 dollars)

And finally...
Just because you want to play in the woods, hiding in your camo outfit, looking out "people jumping out of trees" - hey fine by me. But I would rather play my games in front of 3000 cheering fans (as was the case in Toulouse). I would also prefer to watch from the stands (unfortunately as our team did on the weekend) and get an unobstructed view of the action.

goose

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
mccartneydave

I suggest that you attend a round of the NPPL or Millenium (if you ever get to Europe) and see what goes on before commenting on tournament play. You'll find the difference quite amazing to your apparent preconceptions.

Manning26

Agreed, Goose and Bullswood, I thought we were past all of this already. It's been awhile since I've heard this sort of ignorance. Mr. McCartney, you can go on loving the woods, I still enjoy getting in 'em myself at times, but you seem to be truly lost in there, and very out of touch with tournament play. There are no full autos any longer, and how many teams shootin' autocockers are still on top? The electro' guns still don't hide poor skill, they may be fast, but they don't aim for you. Also, how many teams are there in the ENTIRE WORLD that get everything for free? Well frankly, I don't know myself, but rest assured it's an amazingly small amount. Sure, the pro teams are heavily sponsored, but that's because they are the best teams! Since it's so easy to knock the wusses around, why doncha' just show 'em what's up. I'll lend you my Angel:) .

Must we talk this crap over and over again?

:eek: :eek: :
Look, I have been playing paintball for nearly a year now and I'm already boared of all the b******. Is this guy 4 real or is he just trying to piss us all off?

If you are for real Mr Mccartneydave then please think before youw rite that kinda rubbish on this board! If you actually have some informed opinions then please do write them, but if not, then why don't you ask questions?

Have you ever played Sup Air? Have you ever played in a tournament? Have you ever tried an electro? If not why do you express opinions on them?

People use the marker they use largely because its what they prefer. I will admit that all things beeing equal then being able to dump more paint may be an advantage, BUT all things are not equal. Some people actauly prefer non-electros!

Now on the other hand, I am a wuss, I don't like pain and so I try and avoid it wherever possible, but hey, if you want to I'll see you in the midle!

Richard

jermanboy

Aug 25, 2001
Independence, MO
Visit site
Not to keep beating this guy in the head, but a chunk of the pros have been playing for ten to fifteen years. If they do get free stuff which many don't I think they deserve it. They paid their dues. They made this sport their life. They paid the money to pay for all of those tournaments and practices and are now the best players in the world. They're not just shooting paint, there are actual tactics involved in this sport.