Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Ball from tha outside...

I'm hearing murmurs, whispers an' rumors that there is a small but vocal body that is deeply unhappy with tha way Robo is selecting his X-Ball squad, so I'd like to chuck my own 2c in from an outsiders point of view...

For ****'s sake he's tha only one doing things democratically - you Brits are tha only ones who get to play for places! You lucky ****ers!

I seriously cannot believe there is any problem here; surely tha only way to select what you perceive to be tha best squad is to hold try-outs?

Now I can understand that certain Pros who weren't automatically picked may get a bit pissed...seems to me they have two options.

1 - Sulk.

2 - Grow a pair and get down to tha trials. If you REALLY believe you're good enough to make tha UK Squad, go prove it. Irrespective of anything that's been said, if a guy rips **** up at tha trial and proves he's got what it takes then Robo will take him onto tha squad.

Robo's justification for not doing what Russia and France are doing and just taking an existing team was simple: no existing Brit teams are good enough. History has proved that. Tha easy option for Robo would have been to take a squad full of Pros cos then there's no comeback on him if tha team loses. This way, he's taking a real risk with his own rep. Why? Cos he 100% wants to win this thing, and thinks this is your best shot at it.

Jeez, tha guy deserves some credit for scouring the country looking for talent and sticking his own neck on tha block...those who are trying to undermine him and tha team should put up at tha trials or shut up.

peace

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Here here

Democracy works. This was I think that Robbo will get the best of both worlds. True, he'll be losing "something" that an existing team already has (that close-knit telepathy that a team has), but gaining a bit of variation and some skills that an existing team might not have.

Wookie.

John Molloy

Jedi Master
Jan 9, 2002
Manchester
ukjaguars.com
As two of the players are known to me (sorta mates) I have to say my comments were not isn't it bad but what about a word from them about themselves. I've never heard of some of 'em but i know Woody and Phil Stone. I think the way Robbo has gone about this is probably the best way to select players he got help from experts in particular areas of play on the field and used their advice in the best way possible, I am 110% behind Robbo in this. Also Superdavey didn't say he had a problem with the selection process he wanted to know what it was. As it was he explained the process in PGI and I think wires got crossed.

I still think it would be a good idea for the X-ball uk team members were to introduce themselves to us on here even if its just a "hi I'm Fred Bloggs" sorta thing, but thats up to them isn't it?