Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Ball video

Kimmo Kainulainen

May 22, 2004
www.paintball.fi
I made a video from the Finnish X-Ball League match Urho vs Hooligans. It covers a complete match, runtime is over 26 minutes. Video was made to test how well the X-Ball could be filmed. Filming was made with single camera, so the picture jumps around a lot trying to cover the whole field.

You can download the video here, just follow the instructions. Its .wmv-file for Windows Media Player.

For the record, its a pretty big download (almost 100 Mb) and it is not professional quality, so don't expect it :). Feedback is appreciated, groundless arguments are ignored :).

Couple of points:
FXL does NOT allow coaches or spectators to give advice during the game, so that is why there is no shouting from the sidelines.

A few parts of the video are without sound, that is because the microphone recorded some pretty disturbed discussions from the nearby spectators, which I decided to remove to not cause upsets in Finnish speaking audience.

I missed one point at the start of the second period, so the scoring seems to "jump" one point forward.

Still pictures from the games can be found here.

If this is in a wrong discussion area, could the moderators please move it to a correct one.

Kimmo Kainulainen
www.paintball.fi

Edit: correct url

I like that the coaches can't communicate during play, i think i prefere it that way.

Good filming, liker Bolter said could do with another camera. Maybe one for an overview and one used for closeups.

Liked the bit on Hooligans 10th point, where the guy in the tea bagf waves his gun out the bottem and then drills over the top... Very cheeky :D

-EDD

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
nice!

like the break out on the 6th point.....two straight up the centre!!!! ouch!

pritty good camera work, fairly easy to follow the match even with only one camera!

hawk eye

Uber Girth
May 5, 2003
guildford
Visit site
Originally posted by Bolter
very good!! One more camera and it'd work alot better, but still its a very good vid
yeah i agree two cam's would mean you can film both break outs and just flick between teams instead of having to swing the camera back and forth quickly.