Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Chambers again

Kefka

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
heh... So this is what I've come up with. Im going to get an actual expansion chamber, it has to be low price, and if its too big for my gun then I'll buy new equipment to make it fit (which I don't mind). I just need an opinion from some of you guys. Ive spotted a couple expansion chambers at low prices on some internet sites and Ive looked at some buyer reviews (www.pbreview.com) and they dont look too bad. But maybe you guys have used one of em?? Well here they are :)

1) App Force Flow Expansion Chamber- Looks real good cept theres only one review of it at the site :\
*Price- It says a MSRP of 25$ :)

2)Psycho Ballistics X-Core 8 Stage Expansion Chamber- Also looks like it'd do good. It recieved high reviews too! But for a price of 25$ at paintball-online.com is it really good?
*Price-25$ at paintball-online.com and at psychoballistics.com

3)PMI Multi-Metal Expansion Chamber- Looks sleek (I'd get the red with silver etchings) and also got pretty high ratings.
*Price- 32.77 at xpaintball.com and you can add a macroline kit for 10$ more.

which reminds me... what should I do about that? Should I get a macroline or is there a better way to go?
Thank you VERY MUCH!!

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Macroline is the one with the large internal bore, same as braided hose, braided will/should last longer and will take a bit more abuse. As for the products mentioned, as this board tends to be used by mainly Europeans you will find few people that currently use an expansion chamber...we used to...... also the prices you have quoted seem ok for a piece of equipment that isn't used a lot anymore well basically obsolete so of course its going to be cheap.

Note to people still using them you are in the minority and there isn't anything wrong in that either, so not having a dig at you :)

Kefka

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
great!!

lol! now Im just confused!! what's different in the UK? Im thinking you guys might need to use them more...... What do you use instead or do you just not use anything?

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
great!!

Originally posted by Kefka
lol! now Im just confused!! what's different in the UK? Im thinking you guys might need to use them more...... What do you use instead or do you just not use anything?
Ha Ha nothing a great deal different, we don't have the Rec-ball scene that is so big in the states, so the few people that do play with their own markers don't tend to use co2 with expansion chambers any more (we just moved on)....CO2 with proper regulators yes but expansion chambers no. Most tournament players are using air, those that are still using CO2 are using Max-Flo regs with anti syphon tubes. But to use a Max-Flo whilst a good idea would be beyond your budget at the moment (guessing cos you are looking at sub $40 items).

Kefka

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Heh

Well you're right :p 75$-90 is the most i can spend on the whole package. Why would a regulator be better than an X-Chamber? I basically just picked an X-Chamber because I thought my choices for a front grip were an X-Chamber and a gas-through. Maybe Ill hafta look into regulators. I plan on keeping this gun a while and just upgrading it... till I get my own job! hehe well I want to buy something that Im not gonna replace later... should I go with an X-Chamber or regulator?

stiler83

Nov 16, 2001
God's Own County - West Yorkshire
If you are going to use a reg with CO2 which is not a MaxFlow then the ONLY one to use is the Plamer Stabilizer. It is the best there is and has the best backup in the industry.

Have a look at.. http://www.pbreview.com/322/1/0/
Most people using C02 on highend guns use the Plamer.

Have a look at Palmers site as there are many config's for this reg including direct bottle, std ASA ect ect...
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Perhaps I left something out of that which you might not have gotten out of the rest, Kefka. A regulator is adjustable and keeps your velocity constant, which makes your shots better and you don't shoot hot and piss off a lot of people on the field. An X chamber simply doesn't do this and is a waste of money and space. Regulators you won't need to replace later. A Maxflow, Palmer's Stabilizer, PMI Pure Energy, or Worr (ergo, stock Cocker, whatever) reg will serve your marker well.

Kefka

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
:)

Thnx everyone. Know Im gonna look into regulators and try to find the best one for me that I can afford :) Thnx again!