Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Yanks Vs Brits

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Oh, no, don't deny yourself man. I'm a VERY typical American. Overweight and I like it that way. See, I'm still fast for a big guy, ask Micah, he saw it, I think. :)

See, that's what the US has over the Euros. We're big, fat, but we're still DAMN fast! If you want to know the secret, hang out in NYC or Chicago or something. :D You learn FAST how to move.

Show me one big man in the UK who's fast! We have FOOTBALL stars to look up to. You guys have these thin guys that play YOUR flavor of football, but there's no big 'footy' player. We also have big hockey players, big Baseball players (Kirby Pucket was NOT a thin man, and he could cover 1/3 of the outfield!) We have a tradition of big fast guys!

And fat means BOUNCERS! WOOOOO!!!! I think I'm gonna go get me ANOTHER bacon cheese burger and a BIG ASS order of fries! :)

-Tyger

CROOKED-POPO

***ud father
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
Man Demonic, living there sounds pretty grim. You're welcome to come live in Texas any time. It's hot and dry and can paintball pretty much every weekend here in the middle of the Lone Star state. Just bought a brand new 3 bed, 2 bath, 2 car garage with a sweet front and back lawn for 92,500$. Life is good. No matter what your job is, I'm sure that you could find work here. Come on, Move. You know you want to.:p

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Longer season, better weather, American football...

Originally posted by Wadidiz
More disposable income, more familiarity with guns, etc. I'm not sure which of these is the most influencing factor. I believe that American football might have some influence because it is a game where plays are predecided and followed. There are blocking actions that open the way for a runner to get through with the ball. All towards the objective of gaining the needed 10 yards to keep the ball so that finally the goal line can be crossed. It is this kind of team work that works so well for the top teams in paintball.

I do think that the long playing season for a great deal of the U.S. is a major advantage, especially compared to the northern parts of Europe. When I lived in Atlanta, I played paintball every single Sunday with few exceptions.

I'm not sure if it is all that cheaper to play paintball in America compared to Sweden. I was amazed to see that the cost of playing paintball as a rental/recreational customer was a little cheaper here in Stockholm compared to Atlanta. Maybe that is due to the market competition here in Stockholm. However the quality of the paintball parks I visited and worked with are far superior to the ones I've seen here (sorry about that!).

I'm not sure about sponsorship. I played with an amateur team in America and we had a pretty decent sponsorship package. We had free tournament paintballs and about 50% of what we needed for practice. We got free barrels, masks and a few free markers, among other things. No entry fees paid that I knew about. But we had to perform to get and keep the sponsorships: we became the amateur champions of NPPL in 1996. We also had to do some work for some of our sponsors: we had to travel around and judge some local tournaments.

Probably the biggest advantage we have is the number of tough teams that are easily available to practice and play against.

The Millennium series has already surpassed the NPPL in quality of events and judging (in my opinion). The level of play has gone up dramatically too in the past few years. I think that the recent X-ball event showed that, while the Americans still have the edge, it may not be for long. Also, Joy Masters has shown that the U.S. teams can't take winning for granted, since Shockwave won last year and the Brits made a very good showing this year. Not to mention how well Russian Legion has done without all the good teams at home to practice against. The world is continuing to get smaller.

Check it!

Steve
Good lord!

Someone else from Europe with a bit of sense about American football! And I thought I was the only one! Just imagine how much we can bore everybody to death, whilst we enjoy talking about some quarterback's percentage.... Nice!:D

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
I'm actually an American...

I've lived in Sweden 11 out of the past 21 years (have moved back and forth a few times). American football is really ingrained into our lives, especially in the South. Thus the prayer in a country song: "Dropkick me, Jesus, through the goalpost of life!"

How would that be translated to my current obsession with paintball? Perhaps "O Lord, help me to rain Hellfire on mine enemies. Send them to face Diablo!"

Check it!

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Living and thriving with this badazz summer goin' on.

You got it way up on me wid da American football stuff. I ain't played since so long ago, if I told you, you might catch on to how ancient I am and pick on me if we ever meet on a paintball field.
Am football is way cool. I miss it. I miss the sandlot games way back when.

I know there is, or has been, Am football goin' on here in Stockholm. I caught a demo game at a major park here years ago with the Vikings playing. The last two Joy Masters were set up square in the middle of a Football field, with folks wondering what the hey them goal posts were.

I want to buy an American football and a flag football set to try to get that going with some of my friends here. Not the real thing but a lotta fun.

Are you from Amsterdam? That city rules! I have always gone outta my way to go through that wonderfully sleazy city ever chance I get and spend a few days. I was there the weekend before the DMA so I couldn't get permission from the government to return for the tourney. I sure hope to make it next year. Will there be a repeat? If so, any idea about the dates?

Check it (please)!

Steve:cool:

Oct 4, 2001
all over
Visit site
Originally posted by Glorykid
No its definatley booze related........
come on yer yank players drinking contest, we ave to beat you at something.
I have to agree, i mean us young brits are hard drinkers by the age of 16 when the legal age is 18. In the US its 21............no wonder you get kids shooting up schools, they cant drink!!!!!!! i think we'd all go a bit crazy without good old drink:D

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Originally posted by P8ntball2k

I have to agree, i mean us young brits are hard drinkers by the age of 16 when the legal age is 18. In the US its 21............no wonder you get kids shooting up schools, they cant drink!!!!!!! i think we'd all go a bit crazy without good old drink:D
Now dont go fooling yourself into thinking we cant drink..21 may be the legal age but i dont know 2 many who follow that law...When i was 16 i was throwing down about 9 shots of Baccardi 151,throwing up on half my friends and some poor girls who just happened to be in the way,walking in the door at 5 in the morn, and still waking up 2 hours later to ball..Its in our blood..Just accept the cold hard facts...