Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball

Your advice please

Discussion in 'Tactics and Technique' started by Ali Amer, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Ali Amer Regular Baller

Ali Amer
    Message Count:
    hello everyone i just want your advice on the issue. The issue is commitment. Since i was introduced to the sport, i was a young enthusiastic guy but it is hard to play everytime because of my limited transport options and fiancial issues. So i thought when i leave the school in 2 years time and attend local university( universities in London) and i will probably have my own car. This means i have more freedom and time to play but that will occur when im about 19-21(im 17 now). Regarding to the thread topic, can i have some ideas or advice on what should i do. I dont mind criticism to balance things up.

2. F3Z UWE Paintball

F3Z
    Message Count:
    Does your proposed Uni have a team? Not that i'm saying you should base your future education on whether it does or not. But if it did that would make life a lot easier.

3. Talfryn London Tigers

Talfryn
    Message Count:
    The best bit is you can use your student loan to fund it and then be stuck with the debt in later life!!

Sbcoyr, NitroBall and Ali Amer like this.
  4. Random Invert Well-Known Member

Random Invert
    Message Count:
    Just do what the rest of us do, play when you can afford it and don't play when you cant!

(If you think a car will help, then your hugely mistaken!!!!! The cost to run a car will be a massive hindrance!)

5. Cook$ Just the tip....

Cook$
    Message Count:
    Don't sacrifice uni for the sake of playing paintball.

matj, WildWayz, Jim Jam and 2 others like this.
  6. Ali Amer Regular Baller

Ali Amer
    Message Count:
    i would never sacrifice uni for paintball or any similar reasons

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  7. Prestige Worldwide Boats 'n' Hoes

Prestige Worldwide
    Message Count:
    What Cook$ said.

Focus on getting a good degree in a useful subject, then play paintball when you graduate. If the Uni have a team, fine, but don't let the team take priority over your studies.

If you are doing a degree in a useless subject - for example, Library Science - ignore of all of the above. Get faced each night, play all the paintball you like, sleep with your best mate's mum. Whatever you like. With a degree in that subject, you aren't going to get a job anyway.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
    Vimto, strafingrun and hello_moto like this.
  8. outkastmike CUMBRIA

outkastmike
    Message Count:
    Agreed.............get an education,shovelling sh!t for a living doesn't pay the bills.

NitroBall likes this.
  9. Dave284 Platinum Member

Dave284
    Message Count:
    If you want to play, do it. Whilst I was at college I did everything I possibly could to play paintball, more often than not training or playing both days of the weekend, and keeping up with my college work. It's possible, now it might get harder in your 3rd year, and depending on your dedication incredibly harder in your first year. If you can afford to run a car, fantastic. If not you're in London, so transport wont be impossible to get to BW. You say local, so I assume you'll be living at home? student loans would be kind to you. It comes down to you at the end of the day, you either want to play every weekend, or you don't. Nobody can make that decision for you. It is possible, with enough effort and forethought, to do both.

hipjaw likes this.
  10. Talfryn London Tigers

Talfryn
    Message Count:
    I'm in my first year at uni and doing both so it deffo is possible :)