Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

08 ego firing problem

Statch83

in2deep-paintball.co.uk
ok so basically i got my 08 ego and it worked excellent out of the box, i used it for training worked fine cleaned it and re-fired in back garden and again it was fine.

i got the problem on the day of the tournament. basically the 08 wouldnt fire, i changed battery's dry fired it turned up the fps. now turning up the fps seemed to make the bolt move but only slightly at first then it would start to fire at a normal speed but would not go higher than around 125 on the chrono. every first shot was the same the bolt would push a ball into the barrel and then it would fire as normal. Also once i turned the fps above 125 or so the gat would not fire.

settings are all on stock and the gun was in ramping mode the day of the tourny and semi at training and at home this shoudlnt make a difference should it???

i was going to ask nige to have a look but he had a rather unfortunate accident.

thanks matt,

-Bolt pin is inserted correctly
-Batterys changed (new procells also tried new energizer)

G

Gassy

Silly question but are you sure you had the pin located in the rammer properly,you would not believe how many times I have seen that on egos.

Hawkins

Splash > All
Jul 8, 2007
Kent/Sevenoaks
youll still be covered under the warrenty, so rather than take it to bits loose have the springs and such, why not send it back to Planet ?

Statch83

in2deep-paintball.co.uk
yep changed them several times to new battery's(tried 3 brand new procells,1 energizer) the battery meter showed that all the battery's had no power so i left it a while (figured may be cold battery's or something) and put the procells back in and it showed full power.

jus

Bulldogs
Mar 18, 2006
stafford
i had a similar problem where the inline reg was dry, no lubrication.... it would fire 3 shots then just push a ball into the barrel. i lubed the piston and its sweet ( there is a tiny little vent hole in the side of the reg i found it was venting air each shot through this hole)

F0dd3r

Jan 25, 2007
South West Cider Country
Taken from PGI issue 227, Article "A game for all seasons"

"Some markers have winter-specific settings that can be adjusted to boost perfomance and reliability in colder climates such as the option to increase the solenoid power setting on the Ego8"