Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

11th of november

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Ah, the Jadgpanther, truly a beast of a machine... Is his a runner? I have one sitting at home, but it doesn't weigh 46 tonnes. It is after all a 1/35th scale replica.
Fully running and totally operational, even down to be a licensed weapon by the police:D

I have to admit that the level of authenticity in reconstruction of mikes stuff is amazing. This particular Jag had beed used as a target on a firing range and the right side was basically missing, but as you can see they have fully rebuilt it and detailed it perfectly.

3 months to read a book? That's a long time... :eek:
My personal library on modern history is more than 350 books alone.
I wish i'd had assistance with my dyslexia from an earlier age but like kids do, i joked and bluffed my way through it, it's only from my college years that i started to understand and face my problems and i get by really well now. The problem is that i have to read every letter of every word to understand it, so 350 books would take me a little while:eek:
It's when i'm tired or start to read quickly that i make mistakes, luckily i'm a fairly bright spark who can spot a mistake in something that i've read because it didn't make sense in my head, even when my eyes are telling me something different, i just wish i could read faster to expand my knowledge and not be such a numpty on certain subjects;)

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Walters War, a drama on BBC 4 ( 9/11/08 ) that should be worth a look.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fh1w1

Walter Tull's life is quite remarkable for so many reasons. An orphan from the east end of London. He was one of the first Black professional footballer's who played for Spurs and Northampton Town.

At the outbreak of WW1 he joined the army and progressed through the ranks to Captain, which is amazeing considering his low beginings and his racial back ground.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWtull.htm

There is a statue of him in Northampton.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
If you think this is bad a couple of years ago a test was done and only 1 in 5 kids between 11-15 years old (I think don't hold me to that) could find the UK on the map of the world or it may have been there county I can't remeber 100% but it is something shocking along those lines!!!

whats taught in schools these days?

nothing much, compulsary history all we did was the titanic and Guy Fawks. GCSE history was america 1918-1980 and Germany 1911-45 which was really very interesting but all focused on women and the life at home nothing to do with war. We didn't once mentioned any significant battle in the second or first world war until a piece of coursework which was on the Somme. So nothing relating to how the country was formed was brought up. On the other hand I did enjoy learning about, with all the putsch, black rights, new deal, wall street crash and what not. But I would much prefer to learn about war time battles. History isn't dates and battles, it's women at home washing up (may sound bad and sexist but that is what Hitler wanted until mid WW2 when he was forced for them to work in factories).

I may extend what I'm saying, but I going for food... 'the important stuff'

Cheers
Tim
It all depends on what people are trying to teach. I agree, learning about the battles is very interesting, but mostly schools (try to) teach about general history and the impact on society that these wars have. The battles are military history and this is hardly ever taught in school, for the simple reason that the mechanics, tactics and strategies of a specific battle hardly have any effect on society, whereas the outcome does. So they don't teach you why Germany lost, just that they did...
As a kid I always found that a shame, as I had heard many war stories growing up from my grandparents, so just learning dates and places..... express train to Yawnsville.

But I agree, some of the stuff that gets taught in schools these days is not worth the effort.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Fully running and totally operational, even down to be a licensed weapon by the police:D

I have to admit that the level of authenticity in reconstruction of mikes stuff is amazing. This particular Jag had beed used as a target on a firing range and the right side was basically missing, but as you can see they have fully rebuilt it and detailed it perfectly.

I wish i'd had assistance with my dyslexia from an earlier age but like kids do, i joked and bluffed my way through it, it's only from my college years that i started to understand and face my problems and i get by really well now. The problem is that i have to read every letter of every word to understand it, so 350 books would take me a little while:eek:
It's when i'm tired or start to read quickly that i make mistakes, luckily i'm a fairly bright spark who can spot a mistake in something that i've read because it didn't make sense in my head, even when my eyes are telling me something different, i just wish i could read faster to expand my knowledge and not be such a numpty on certain subjects;)
You do understand that next time I'm in the UK, you have to organise a quick tour in that baby for me... :D

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
When I was sstill working for the army, we had this come into our workshop

which obviously we fixed and gave back, I believe this is the only running one in existance. The head charge hand couldn't beleive the quality of the parts and workmanship, as he put it 'A damn site better than the sh!t we get in from Vickers'

If you ever get across Jay drop me a line and I will sort you out some tickets, my parents still live and work on camp

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Sounds like a plan! Cool!

Yeah, Bovington's Tiger is the only runner still around. Unlike most Tigers it was never really knocked out. This one was abandoned by its crew (in Northern Africa) when the turret stopped working after being hit by a shell that didn't penetrate. The crew fled, thinking their vehicle had broken down. The tank was then captured by the British and shipped to Bovington for trials and testing.

Saumur in France still has a running Tiger II.... lovely.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi Pete, I'm.........................
No probs Lucky, i naturally assumed some illegal substance must have been involved when you compiled that post ... come to think of it, it must have been some powerful sh!t and so could you please send me the contact details of your supplier ....

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Tigers??? you didn't say nuttin about no Tigers.

Ok so the German's had some bling kit, and somehow I'm expecting to see a Tiger II rocking 23" spinners in a minute. However, let me just add a big thank-you to those who have or are serving for the Country at this time.

Amen.