The Home Of European Paintball

15bps rant

Myth

Jason Wheeler
Feb 11, 2004
London
Visit site
This is possibly the worst rule ever though off :mad: :mad:

What is the damn point! one of the main skills of paintball is being able to rail your gun!!

what about some of the guns that dont have a option for ROF(timmys)?? well yes you can by a new board but only in america! is p!$$e$ me off so much..

Thoughts please.....

(i know theres another thread but i wanna just see wut people individual think.)

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Just use a Egg on it - ROF sorted.

'Railing' your gun is hardly 'athletic' is it - about the most boring skill I can think of :confused:

I also think there are plenty of threads on this at the moment so hope the mods have the good sense to delete this one...

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
I think one more thread dedicated to incoherent outbursts of outrage is okay.
The PA thread is to discuss the possibility and the implications. The PSP one is to discuss the particulars of the rules themselves and possible alternatives but until now there was no place to simply bellow. Go for it.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
No problem but saying stuff like last year's rules were simple and fair kind'a undermines your position. As does equating a large Starbucks and debounce 1 to the actual technique and reflexes required to snap-shoot effectively, but hey--it's your thread. :)

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Originally posted by Myth
thanks baca m8,

agreed, well put andy mate.. why do the rules have to be so damn tight? 2004 rules where fine simple and fair..
Simple & fair they might have been, but almost completely impossible to enforce. With no way of detecting markers that broke the rules, clean and fair players lost out because of those with illegal software. At the same time, players who had no intention of cheating whatsoever were being caught at Millenniums because their markers had a capability that they weren't aware of and probably wouldn't have been able to use, and got banned for the remainder of the tournament.
The proposed rules are to try to get at least some control over markers in a practical way. The majority of the complainers say they don't like the rule, but don't seem to come up with any practical alternatives that are enforcable. There are a few ideas bouncing around on the other threads, but nothing that could be implemented for a long time yet.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Trigger fanning comparable to snap shooting - are you kidding me?

Seriously, ask yourself this question, who would you rather have on your team someone who can tap their trigger really fast or someone who nine times out of 10 can snap shoot someone out of a bunker?

Furthermore, Jason, you shoot a Timmy correct? Do you believe that the speed of your gun is all down to your 'skill' on the trigger or a little assistance from the debounce settings?

Point is, even if you define trigger fanning as a skill, it is one that was impossible to quanitify against shot assisting marker software. You might be **** hot on the trigger but it doesn't matter for squat because I can just set my Fly to TR 14 and ramp you to high heaven - you can't catch it at the chrono which means the only way to combat it is get a device that can measure BPS and then set a limit on allowed BPS.

It's not designed to piss you off, I aren't totally chuffed about it either but in all probability it is going to reward true skill in the game vs cheating through technology - which has to be a good thing - no?

No im not kidding you.

When i talk of walking the trigger fast im not just talking standing at the chrono trying to impress people, im talking about being able to do that while running at full speed and reading the field and being accurate none of which are skills we are born with.

I would rather have someone on my team that can dominate the opposition with firepower while running and shooting accurately to get into a better position than someone who cant move and stays where he is and snap shoots to try and get eliminations