15bps rant

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
That's a pile of crap.

Originally posted by Chicago
Spectators love MOVEMENT, ACTION, and GOOD PLAYS.

I'm sure someone will say "Then why is it people get the most excited when the entire team leaves the bench?"

Because baseball is ****ING BORING, that's why, so it's nice when there's a fight.

Or "Why do people watch racing for the crashes?"

Because watching cars go around in a circle is, again, ****ING BORING.

That's why golf needs more fighting.

But PAINTBALL, we shouldn't need to resort to that. We should make movement, action, plays, the highlight of the game. That's what makes basketball or football (the european sort) spectator friendly. Even though there's not much scoring in Football, there's a lot of shooting and missing. That's exciting for the same reason the lottery is.

Anyway, we should be more like football, and let the fans do the fighting. Anybody fan who lets the athletes do the fighting for them is a pu$$y.
Agreed, and I think another thing that makes it more exciting is guns going full tilt - NXL style. The 15bps rule started to take away the advantage that designer cheats give but has ended up in a very positive evolutionary step for spectator ball.

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
I agree something needs to be done,
But i dont feel this is the soloution.

Gun cheats will still cheat, ramping/selective fire would still be illegal under the proposed rule, Yet there is still no way to check for it.

The whole point of bringing the rule in seems to be that no one wants the rampers (see the poor sod who got flamed in classifieds selling a cheat board)

Yet whats to stop us capping markers at 15BPS and the cheats doing the exact same. Yeah they are at 15bps, but they can get there a lot easier than those being legit.
Or is the idea that we all get cheater boards and in effect move away from Semi?
If this is the case, surely there is no way it could go into the rules this year without being illegal in the UK.

As stated before, I am aware that some use cheater boards etc. But feel it has never cost us a game. Yet wiping has cost us many games. There are 101 things wrong with this sport. Seems a lot of effort enforcing a rule, when there are worse infringements happening.

Maybe its back to basics? How about 1 marshal per player, how about opening up coaches talking to players. If people wanna bring us close to Xball etc why not go the full way and really get this sport moving.
Now that I would like to see :)

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by FAMINE
If people wanna bring us close to Xball etc why not go the full way and really get this sport moving.
Now that I would like to see :)
The PA league has introduced legal crowd particitation - coaching. I like this on a couple of levels, one it's better for spectators and secondly it's better for marshals - they don't have to worry about the crowd they can concentrate on the players/game infront of them.

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
i'd agree that crowd participation should be allowed- it'd make the spectatos feel more into the game- than just watching from behind netting

A.B

ANDY MEERCATS

Jul 11, 2004
Birmingham/west midlands
Cheating is a problem and one that will not go way.
If 15 bps is to be enforced then all well and good but if it is not, then to keep me in the game I may have to go the way of the cheat.
I came into this game last year and really love it, I captain a team and have made it known to the rest of the players that I feel if they cheat, then a win resulting from that is not worth a sh!T.

If you can rattle 15+ bps unaided then, I feel sorry for you if the rule is enforced.
If you need aid to play and you need a cheat board then maybe you are in the game for the wrong reasons.
I was going to suggest that we step back from electric hoppers then the cheat boards will have less affect, try using one if the ball drop is reduced.
I would be more than happy to be mugged by a real player manually firing 15 bps than John Doe using some unnecessary cheat board, a real player (gentlemen) will in most cases try to hit a backpack, John Doe will just let rip and f**k you.
Hold a pole at every tournament and then the % will be known. (Not hard to do).
Spectators fight not sportsmen, as for guns rattling, not to impressive, I would much rather see a good move ending in a mugging any day.

Just my 2p worth
:rolleyes: :D :D

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Originally posted by ANDY MEERCATS
Cheating is a problem and one that will not go way.
If 15 bps is to be enforced then all well and good but if it is not, then to keep me in the game I may have to go the way of the cheat.
I came into this game last year and really love it, I captain a team and have made it known to the rest of the players that I feel if they cheat, then a win resulting from that is not worth a sh!T.

If you can rattle 15+ bps unaided then, I feel sorry for you if the rule is enforced.

I would be more than happy to be mugged by a real player manually firing 15 bps than John Doe using some unnecessary cheat board, a real player (gentlemen) will in most cases try to hit a backpack, John Doe will just let rip and f**k you.

Hold a pole at every tournament and then the % will be known. (Not hard to do).
Spectators fight not sportsmen, as for guns rattling, not to impressive, I would much rather see a good move ending in a mugging any day.

Just my 2p worth
:rolleyes: :D :D
I feel sorry for you if you can rattle out 15bps and get capped by a guy ramping at 25bps.

There is no correlation between 'a real player' shooting 15bps manualy and choosing to shoot you in the pack and a trigger assisted player ripping you up? There are plenty of players that will rip you not matter and plenty of players that will pack shot you no matter.

X-ball is the ultimate TV format, no one will argue that. There is a reason that the NXL guns are rattling - because it is exciting.

You came into the game last year (I've been playing 14 years) which is a great time to come in as we have evolved soooo much you wouldn't recognise it from pre sup air. Back then we had exactly the same arguments when the semi-auto came out and replaced the pump. Then the same arguments when sup-air replaced woodland. Don't get me wrong rec ball in the woods with pumps is good for some - but not good for spectating so things change.