Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

20oz Co2 Bottle

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
CO2 just suits some guns better than air. CO2 is more efficient because it is a single source gas and is less compressable than compressed air which is more squidgy.
Anti-syphon tubes are a must unless your gun has an expansion chamber or you run a remote hose. A gun that is set up right will not freeze but your seals won't last as long with CO2.
The running costs of CO2 are higher but the bottle cost is a lot cheaper.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Expansion chambers is a way to ensure your gun runs on gas co2 and doesn't freeze.
On many of the original co2 guns there is a chamber which lets the co2 expand before it gets into the valves. What looks like a regulator on original autocockers is just a hollow tube to allow the co2 to expand. phantoms used to use an over sized bottom line or double bottom line to do the same.
Liquid feeding co2 into an expansion chamber is why the old co2 gun were so consistant. Running my phantom pump on air to get 280 fps give chrono ranges between 268 and 284, running it on liquid c02 through an expansion chamber I can get it to 276 to 280.
Feeding liquid co2 also stops your gun from going hot if it does accidentally feed liquid from a syphoned bottle. (and it does happen)

Really showing my age now I guess.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
An air tank is by far the easiest to get filled these days as most sites have free air fills. you can get a cheap alloy tank off here for £30 or a fibre Stako for £50ish.
If you put a wanted ad on the forum for a cheap air tank you'll probably have plenty of offers

Aza0193

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2007
down under
www.cannockcobras.me.uk
mate C02 may seem fine at first nice and cheap, but if you dip into those pockets a bit deeper you will find that air is alot better. it stays consistent unlike C02 which varies in different weather conditions,it is alot easier to get a fill, and mostly only rental sites do CO2 fills nowadays.One more thing an ion will hate you if you use C02 with it. ;)