Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

20oz Co2 Bottle

Big J

Dec 22, 2007
Air v CO2

Whilst in general Air is superior CO2 does have its' benefits.......

The extra shots you get mean smaller tanks and lighter weight/similar size tanks as air and huge capacity (not sure if they are available over here but you can get 48oz tanks in america! Up to 2500 shots with an A5....not bad!)

They are less consistant as stock. Running the tank in a horizontal position on gun doesn't do it any favours. Put the tank vertically in a vest with an anti siphon, remote line and a Palmers Stabilizer and you will have a very good set up (+ or - 5FPS or so-possibly less so not bad)

An anti siphon will decrease the amount of shots you get, but not hugely.

Stear clear of modern expansion chambers-they suck and have been proven to decrease performance once they fill up with liquid. A remote line, Anti Siphon and Palmers Stabilizer will do the same thing but much better.

Not all markers like CO2 though......

Basically summed up if you plan on playing big games with a marker that can manage CO2 then it is a reasonable solution. Just check it is available first as capacity doesn't matter if you can't fill it!

Other then that Air is better and tends to suit people more.

The CO2 set up I quoted will cost just as much as a good air set up and will have higher filling costs.

And as you can tell I'm a big fan of Palmers Products, particularily the Stabilizer. Good on Markers that don't come with on gun regs. Accepts Air or CO2 and is very easy to set up/maintain. Not cheap as you have to get them from USA direct but worth every penny. I'm suprised they haven't made a bigger impact here, I know my A5 is a different gun since fitting one!

And after saying all that........I do run Air for the single fact that I can't get hold of CO2 easily.