Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

A little poll.

What series would you prefer to play in?

• NPPL Super Seven Series

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • PSP standard

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • PSP X-ball

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 5.9%

• Total voters

cjohns

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2001
Griffin, GA, USA
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Interesting figures.
Seems like a lot of US players have little faith in what the PSP is up to.
Baca, no need to think of me as poor, as I am covered in bling :D . I took in account that the majority of the regular posters in here are European, so the outcome would be at least somewhat biased. But that doesn't mean that it isn't worthwhile knowing, does it?

Matski, I was standing right behind you when Chip was talking to you at one point. Trust Chip to forget to introduce his teammates, he didn't say who you were until a lot later on. :p
I have no recollection of what you are talking about. I was in the zone:D

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
X BALL BABY

I know there aint much chance of us Euros getting to play much X-Ball as a series but I really do dig the whole concept. 7's is always gonna be prefferred by us Euros but lets face it, X seems cool as f'k.

X ball everytime for me gents, even though I aint played it.

Yet.

;)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Dare to compare polls

Originally posted by Wadidiz
Good point, Moo-san. Force of Nature has a poll:

http://www.forceofnature.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=NS-Polls&file=index&req=results&pollID=19&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

It is a lot more "American" and out of 223 votes: 47% go with Chuck, 27% go with PSP standard, 21% go with PSP X-ball.

PbNation has a similar poll, theirs also much more American:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151412

They show that out of 45 votes, 65% prefer NPPL and 22% prefer PSP 10-player.

Again, we know that the herd mentality will prevail. Many teams will simply go where they believe most of the other teams will go.
Steve
Some interesting numbers. Might indicate a real depth of disatisfaction with PSP's product to date. Additionally well over 50% of teams competing now in PSP have been doing so for two years or less and have considerably less invested. One hopes that when decisions are made and money spent there is at least an even split.

For anyone who is interested FoN also has a fairly lengthy response from Jerry regarding NPPL name controversy. (which I will refrain from commenting on.)

D

duffistuta

Why refrain?

Comment Goddammit - that's why we pay you so much to moderate.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
I have no idea what the future holds, I'm not such a crystal ball gazer as the Moo-man (and more power to him for doing it). But what I just read at FoN made me scratch my head. Jerry goes on about improvements and quality and all that, but as it seems that's just a load of bull, isn't it. Even without having attended any of the NPPL events, it's obvious to see that there have been a lot of things left to be desired. Chuck made a lot of big statements, talking about stadium venues and such. I hope that he'll be able to keep his promise. It ain't easy getting a stadium booked, particularly on short notice. And they sure as hell won't come cheap.
He doesn't really use these words, but basically Jerry says that Chuck hasn't really done anything. Might be true, I don't know, I'm not looking behind the scenes. But It seems that at the moment a lot of players are willing to trust Chuck on his word, whereas they seem to feel that Jerry and co have let them down a few too many times. If this is really true, I don't know, but that's what the general perception seems to be, and that's what the figures so far seem to indicate.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Why refrain?

Originally posted by duffistuta
Comment Goddammit - that's why we pay you so much to moderate.
What?! You expect me to work? Well, since you asked nice.

The bracketed material is a statement from JB to Force of Nature and posted by David Morgan yesterday. (Btw, FoN has some excellent pball videos.)
[Jerry Braun: Take it back to the beginning. In 1992, eighteen teams formed the NPPL as a cooperative corporation under the laws of the State of New York. Four such teams are still in existence, including the All Americans, Aftershock, Bad Company and the Ironmen. The charter in New York was revoked for non-payment of taxes in the late 90's, but the NPPL continued under the Rules Committee. If anyone can lay claim to the NPPL name and mantle, it is the shareholder members still in existence. Chuck Hendsch was Tom Cole's Vice President and succeeded to the Presidency when Tom stepped down. However, no elections were called to fill that or other offices. A steering committee was elected in May, 2001 at the Gettysburg tournament, but Chuck has not held elections since, and no election for President has been held in years. Rather, Chuck formed his own corporation in California, became the sole shareholder and claimed the NPPL as his own domain.

The tournament promoters, both before and after the inception of the PSP, had always adhered to the last legitimate vestage of the NPPL, the Rules Committee, even when their rulings have been adverse to a promoter. We believe that it is in the best interest of tournament paintball that legitimate voices of the players be heard. That is why, in Los Angeles, there will be elections, NPPL elections, for a Rules Committee and a Steering Committee, elected by the players, to represent the players' and teams' interests.

We have tried to meet the aspirations and concerns of the players. When air lines were a problem, we had constructed and purchased a state-of-the-art air system. Through Rosie, we designed and erected a new netting system that is the safest instituted to date. If we consider the tournament scene of just three years ago and compare it to that of today, we can begin to measure how far we have come. Challenges still exist, and we will do all we can to meet them. We optimize our chances of success if both the players and promoters are engaged in a continuous and constructive dialogue. As the players' concerns are articulated, working together, it will become easier to find solutions to today's problems. Thus, it is our desire to see such representation of the players in the Rules and Steering Committees.

It is easy to criticize and point to less than perfect results, ignoring the progress made by dwelling on the steps yet to be taken. It is easy to foster in the mind perfect tournaments and series. Talk is, indeed, cheap. The difficulty lies in translating that talk and those dreams into reality. We intend to continue to do more than just talk. We believe that tournaments have come a long way in the past several years, but we do not intend to rest on our laurels. They can be made better, and it is incumbant upon all of us, players and promoters, to act constructively and together, to make them the best that they can be.]

On it's face a not unreasonable statement and I won't comment on the NPPL vs. NPPL aspects as all that nonsense will have to be untangled in court if the parties so choose. However, regarding the rest of the statement it reminds me of the old Soviet Constitution--full of the verbage of democracy but somewhat deficient in practice.
If you've managed to wade through the whole thing the last thing you probably want is an equally long refutation so I ain't gonna do it. Besides, some of the stuff is, most of the stuff is generally accurate--it's just how it is presented that puts a bright sugar coating on the whole thing.
One might say, How many years do you get to get it right before the players rightfully lose patience?
How cooperative is the process when change only occurs as the result of widespread unrest and outrage?
If you want another view of results--because as Jerry himself remarked, "Talk is cheap," then take a look at his magazine. Note--I didn't say buy, I said look. The only professional element to the whole product are the ads. It looks second rate and thrown together and the current state of that mag is a HUGE improvement over what it looked like a year or two ago. And why? Because it sold enough copies anyway to satisfy it's ownership and it has only made small efforts to improve because there is significant well-produced, shiny, glossy alternatives in the marketplace. No competition, no improvement.
Bottom line is the PSP has been run like the mag. As long as it sells that's been good enough.

JTHM

American Prat
Oct 31, 2002
USA
Visit site
C'mon, Tee

Originally posted by Baca Loco
I see you hangin' around all the time. Even with a pinch of salt all these different polls gotta make you think, don't they?
A lousy 12 or 14 posts is a poor reflection on the impact you could have around here. ;) :D
/Me whispers to Baca* ...... who are you talking to?
[Ssshhh. That would be Tony Montana, the baddest dude in Miami, with or without an automatic weapon. Do you always eavesdrop on private conversations?. ;) :D ]